Donate to a good cause, yall came through before for Wyatt

This is a discussion on Donate to a good cause, yall came through before for Wyatt within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A couple of years ago, you guys came through for my Autistic nephew in a really big way. We raised a little over $400 to ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By babarock
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike
  • 4 Post By babarock
  • 3 Post By TN_Mike
  • 1 Post By CanuckQue

Thread: Donate to a good cause, yall came through before for Wyatt

A couple of years ago, you guys came through for my Autistic nephew in a really big way. We raised a little over $400 to buy him an iPad which he still has, still loves and it has helped him developmentally more than I can tell you.

Well, he's still an awesome little guy (though he's a bit less little now since he's 5 going on 6 years old) and his Mom has a good therapist who works with Wyatt. The therapist has suggested an app for the iPad that she has used with good success. The app costs $200 and she has set up a site similar to the one I set up when I raised the money for the iPad.

Now, you guys really came through for Wyatt and I can never say thank you enough to all of you. I'm not begging for donations but I wanted to put it out there. If anyone wants to donate, that would be awesome, but if you don't want to or simply can't (let's be honest, the economy is still in the toilet) then no hard feelings at all.

If you do donate, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Here's the site:

Pledgie — Donate To: "Help Wyatt speak"
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Not being able to shoot for a few weeks saved me about $50.00 in 22 ammo alone,so I can spare a little
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have a bunch of spare change in buckets I plan to take it down to the "change o rama" machine and I can put it into paypal, is there a way I can donate through paypal?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I have a bunch of spare change in buckets I plan to take it down to the "change o rama" machine and I can put it into paypal, is there a way I can donate through paypal?
    I honestly don't know, but I will find out!

*edit* Yes! This site is set up so that it uses PayPal as the go between for the donation. Anyone wanting to donate who has a PayPal account, you are good to go! And THANK YOU!! *edit*
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I just took care of it. Give him a hug.
    TX expat likes this.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    I just took care of it. Give him a hug.
    babarock, you are awesome! I am sure Wyatt's Mother would like to thank you. If you want, PM me with your email address or I can just pass along the message from her.

Honestly everyone, this site has the best membership of any site or organization I have ever belonged to. Thank you from Wyatt and his mom and from me from the bottom of my heart. We (my wife and I) donated $100 and the rest ($150) came from members here. Thank you again!
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

One of my friends is a devoted researcher in autism, and she's always kinda tearful when she hears about charitable efforts with regards to the condition.
    What was the app?
    spend more fighting Ebola than on Thanksgiving dinner. Be grateful it's being fought there, so we don't have to fight it here.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell.. (and gumption) It's an untapped technology.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    babarock, you are awesome! I am sure Wyatt's Mother would like to thank you. If you want, PM me with your email address or I can just pass along the message from her.

Honestly everyone, this site has the best membership of any site or organization I have ever belonged to. Thank you from Wyatt and his mom and from me from the bottom of my heart. We (my wife and I) donated $100 and the rest ($150) came from members here. Thank you again!
    No thank you for giving me the opportunity. I have been blessed in a thousand ways not the least of which is my wife of almost 39 years and my 15 year old daughter that we adopted from China in 1998. For a kid who only has a H.S. diploma, who stumbled into his career field and who stumbled into a series of employers/self-employment opportunities, I've done Ok. As Dave Ramsey says "I'm doing better than I deserve".

The DC Membership is a great community, I was just a little faster than the others who would have stepped up to the plate this time
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Just wanted to update everyone. I heard from Wyatt's Mom yesterday. She got the app and was able to also order a good case for the iPad for some added protection for it. I have a message from her, it reads:

Hey Mike,
    Can you do me a favor? Let the guys on this board know that we got the app and actually had enough over the cost to get him an Otterbox for his iPad as well. (I know someone who will order it at cost) Thank you sooo much! I can't even begin to say how much this means to us!

So there you go. You have once again made a big difference in a great little boy's life. I think you. Wyatt's Mom and Wyatt himself thank you. Yall are awesome.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I'm glad! I still want to know what the app was, though.

Autism (and schizophrenia) are two conditions that seem to be long-term concerns for our lives. I've seen those two conditions stress out families more than most of the robberies I've known about (obvious exceptions apply). These conditions are going to keep cropping up until science (and then medicine) cracks them, and I support efforts to reduce the stress surrounding them. They require a healthy combination of love and hope while we wait (or help) for the science to move forwards.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    spend more fighting Ebola than on Thanksgiving dinner. Be grateful it's being fought there, so we don't have to fight it here.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell.. (and gumption) It's an untapped technology.

I actually have 2 friends with autistic kids,takes a lot of love and patience,saw a commercial on tv about the chances of having an autistic child used to be 1 in 5000,today it's 1 in 150 IIRC
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links