Pay Close Attention Folks - How To Handle Handguns AND Revolvers.

This is a discussion on Pay Close Attention Folks - How To Handle Handguns AND Revolvers. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; That boy needs to get off of the couch a little more often... and it'd be a bit more convincing with a real handgun, if ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Pay Close Attention Folks - How To Handle Handguns AND Revolvers.

Senior Moderator
    That boy needs to get off of the couch a little more often...

and it'd be a bit more convincing with a real handgun, if he had one. And...its not a USP. Its a USP Compact.
    QKShooter likes this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

He achieved his objective I had no idea that watching an instructional video could make me walk away dumber than before I watched it.His thumb on the hammer and pull the trigger to decock it caaarrreeefuuullly is definitely a recipe for disaster
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    I stopped watching when we decided to use an air soft pistol.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Chicken
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I believe we've all regretted doing dumb things when we were younger?

I now know one of his.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Subway diet?

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    "Don't do this....Just do this" (Doing EXACTLY WHAT HE JUST SAID DON'T DO)

I will admit that, for the most part, the stuff he had to say 'might' help someone who didn't know anything about a gun. Other than what a gun looks vaguely like. Maybe...

As for me, I think I'll stick with instructors with some certifications that don't come from a YouTube education, or video games.

Besides, I think my 15 year old sister could do a better job teaching gun safety, and my stepfather and I just introduced her to 'pistols' of the 'revolver' nature shortly before her 14th birthday. (And she has already tried to steal my 1911) But she's a really good shot for having only been out with a handgun two or three times. Next thing you know she'll be shooting better than I do.
    QKShooter and nerdyvirgin like this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Hey, DO NOT DIS this sniper of fubbalo! He was personally trained by the highly lauded gecko 45.

'Nuf said.
    JDE101 and Badey like this.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Wow.
    Conceal Carry
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9 Compact
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22
    Rock River Arms 6.8 SPC
    Taurus Millennium Pro 140

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Hey, DO NOT DIS this sniper of fubbalo! He was personally trained by the highly lauded gecko 45.

'Nuf said.
    Then why is he using an Airsoft H&K USP Compact instead of a full auto, belt fed platinum Desert Eagle, that shoots liquid silver filled hypodermic, homing, exploding, rounds on a 1Krnd belt?
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Trained by Gecko45, Crap I really thought it was him in the flesh!!!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Security for the kitchen or frig

This biggest problems with the advent of the internet, U-Tube, etc., and the proliferation of video cameras and other recording devices is: 1. People who record and post their "darling" kids doing stupid things because they think other people really give a rats backside about seeing them, 2. People who record and post their stupid pets doing stupid things because they think other people really give a rats backside about seeing them, 3. Stupid people who think they are "experts" and record themselves trying to exlain, teach, review a product, etc. and post it on the internet so that other people can "learn" from their "expertise"!!! Not necessarily listed in order of "stupidness"!

While there IS a lot of good info out there on the internet, the problem is sorting thru all the crap to find the gem! I really feel sorry for the novice who doesn't know any better who "learns" from some of the jerks who post stuff out there that isn't worth the time it takes to watch it! As someone else said, this guy should probably be teaching something he IS an expert at--like eating Twinkies!!!!

Watching him "teach" gun handling was a waste of about 5 minutes of time. He IS a good example of a whole bunch of things NOT to do! And a "fine" example of physical fitness for the youth of today---NOT!
    QKShooter and claude clay like this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

My daughter learned how to knit on the internet. I have gotten some great recipes off the net, but I would never trust anyone on a subject as serious as this on the internet....not without the credentials to back it up. Anyone can buy a black t shirt marked "Security" and it looks like one did.
    QKShooter likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Administrator
    I use YouTube a LOT before I purchase anything major. Of course some of the Videos suck but, some video product reviews are fantastic. I just recently bought a hammock and needed to see how easy various hammocks "set up" & how compact they were for backpacking and and how well "thought out" certain features were and YouTube is GREAT for that purpose.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    im reading the comments while he drones on.....

--sigh--
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links