Ted's Interview

Ted's Interview

This is a discussion on Ted's Interview within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here is a interview from CBS of Ted Nugent. Make your own decision. But watch them both. Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Ted's Interview

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array Spirit51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    2,248

    Ted's Interview

    Here is a interview from CBS of Ted Nugent. Make your own decision. But watch them both.

    Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate - CBS News Video
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein


  2. #2
    Senior Member Array crue2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    nv
    Posts
    792
    i'm starting to think ol uncle Ted,had one too many journeys to the center of the mind in his younger days? uncle Ted in the Amboy Dukes around 1968...

    Amboy Dukes, The Journey to the Center of the Mind - YouTube
    WHEC724 likes this.

  3. #3
    VIP Member
    Array WHEC724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,769
    Ol' Ted is definitely a few fries short of a happy meal.

    Have him as an NRA spokesman? Well, I find it somewhat embarrassing.

    But it really doesn't matter that I don't like him. I'd fight for the rights of my worst enemy, simply because it is the right thing to do. Ted's drawing the ire of a corrupt government and exposing their tactics at his own expense. To the extent that he raises awareness in that regard, I appreciate his efforts.
    Stubborn and DontTreadOnI like this.
    __________________________________
    'Clinging to my guns and religion

  4. #4
    VIP Member
    Array WHEC724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,769
    Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    i'm starting to think ol uncle Ted,had one too many journeys to the center of the mind in his younger days? uncle Ted in the Amboy Dukes around 1968...

    Amboy Dukes, The Journey to the Center of the Mind - YouTube
    Cool! I've never seen that. That was a screaming riff!
    Spirit51 likes this.
    __________________________________
    'Clinging to my guns and religion

  5. #5
    Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Ol' Ted is definitely a few fries short of a happy meal.

    Have him as an NRA spokesman? Well, I find it somewhat embarrassing.

    But it really doesn't matter that I don't like him. I'd fight for the rights of my worst enemy, simply because it is the right thing to do. Ted's drawing the ire of a corrupt government and exposing their tactics at his own expense. To the extent that he raises awareness in that regard, I appreciate his efforts.
    I agree "WHEC", especially the part in bold.
    Sometimes even I wonder if Uncle Ted's "cheese has slid off his cracker". But regardless, I appreciate what he is doing, there really aren't very many in the public spotlight that speak out for us the way Ted does.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  6. #6
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    11,920
    What, nobody else has never been a bit testy when dealing with a kidney stone?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

  7. #7
    Senior Member Array Caertaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    1,118
    I think Ted and I are on the same side of most issues. We both have a role to play and I have no intention of criticizing the manner in which he chooses to execute his. In gamer speak: Ted's a tank. A tank is the first character to enter a dungeon and grab the attention of the BG. It is also a tanks responsibility to hold that attention while the rest of us DPS down them down. I think Ted does a pretty good job of attracting the attention and animosity of the left. From the cover he provides, the rest of us can offer more reasonable sounding but no less pointed attacks which hopefully over time will chip away and destroy our opponents positions.

  8. #8
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    12,081
    You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar
    atctimmy likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  9. #9
    VIP Member Array Spirit51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    2,248
    Actually you can catch more flies with poo or a rotting corpse. What's your point? He should "sweet talk" them? Yeah, like that is going to happen.
    WHEC724 and Bark'n like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

  10. #10
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    12,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Actually you can catch more flies with poo or a rotting corpse. What's your point? He should "sweet talk" them? Yeah, like that is going to happen.
    No, my point is that if gun owners use a screwy guy like T N as their spokesperson they can expect
    screwy results. A nut like that turns off the sensible middle; and that is where political power lies at election
    time.

    With one rant he harmed the good name of gun owners; harmed our collective reputations.

    There are darn good arguments in favor of gun ownership, in favor of self-defense, in favor of concealed carry,
    none of which will get listened to by the other side when the spokesperson appears certifiable.
    atctimmy and Doghandler like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  11. #11
    VIP Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    West Branch
    Posts
    2,315
    LOUD MOUTH FEVER!

    DAH DAH DAH

    We yearn for a Mark Twain and settle for a Ted?

    We can do better.

    I certainly didn't loose my cool, considerate composure when I was passing a kidney stone.
    Hopyard likes this.

  12. #12
    Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ky.
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I think Ted and I are on the same side of most issues. We both have a role to play and I have no intention of criticizing the manner in which he chooses to execute his. In gamer speak: Ted's a tank. A tank is the first character to enter a dungeon and grab the attention of the BG. It is also a tanks responsibility to hold that attention while the rest of us DPS down them down. I think Ted does a pretty good job of attracting the attention and animosity of the left. From the cover he provides, the rest of us can offer more reasonable sounding but no less pointed attacks which hopefully over time will chip away and destroy our opponents positions.
    ted has one issue... ted. Gamer speak? Is there a secret handshake as well?

  13. #13
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    12,081
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    ted has one issue... ted. Gamer speak? Is there a secret handshake as well?
    Bubba, How'd we get on the same side?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  14. #14
    VIP Member Array Spirit51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    2,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    No, my point is that if gun owners use a screwy guy like T N as their spokesperson they can expect
    screwy results. A nut like that turns off the sensible middle; and that is where political power lies at election
    time.

    With one rant he harmed the good name of gun owners; harmed our collective reputations.

    There are darn good arguments in favor of gun ownership, in favor of self-defense, in favor of concealed carry,
    none of which will get listened to by the other side when the spokesperson appears certifiable.
    He didn't embarrass me or ruin my reputation. I think you really over think this. He is not a spokesman for me and I would bet others feel this way too. I am also sure he didn't do anything to change anyone's mind about concealed carry, self defense, or gun ownership. If "they" were against these things after hearing him...I am sure they were against them before "they" heard him speak. After the way he has been demonized by the liberals and main stream media...I can blame him for being a bit testy. He may not be as polished as you would like, but he does more good for many groups than you or I do.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

  15. #15
    Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ky.
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    He didn't embarrass me or ruin my reputation. I think you really over think this. He is not a spokesman for me and I would bet others feel this way too. I am also sure he didn't do anything to change anyone's mind about concealed carry, self defense, or gun ownership. If "they" were against these things after hearing him...I am sure they were against them before "they" heard him speak. After the way he has been demonized by the liberals and main stream media...I can blame him for being a bit testy. He may not be as polished as you would like, but he does more good for many groups than you or I do.
    "demonized by the liberals and main stream media" If he was acting and preaching like he does, about a subject you disagree with, you would consider him a lunatic (which he is).
    Hopyard likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

an armed society is a polite society uncle ted
,
english interview of nra spokesman
,
ted nugent cbs interview youtube
,

ted nugent concealed carry interview

,
ted nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate, youtube
,
ted nugent interview cbs youtube
,
uncle ted nugent armed society is a polite
,
you tube ted nugent inetrview cbs
,
you tube ted nugents interview where he lost it
Click on a term to search for related topics.