Ted's Interview

Ted's Interview

This is a discussion on Ted's Interview within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here is a interview from CBS of Ted Nugent. Make your own decision. But watch them both. Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Ted's Interview

Ted's Interview

Here is a interview from CBS of Ted Nugent. Make your own decision. But watch them both.

Ted Nugent explodes at notion he's not a moderate - CBS News Video
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

i'm starting to think ol uncle Ted,had one too many journeys to the center of the mind in his younger days? uncle Ted in the Amboy Dukes around 1968...

Amboy Dukes, The Journey to the Center of the Mind - YouTube
    WHEC724 likes this.

VIP Member
    Ol' Ted is definitely a few fries short of a happy meal.

Have him as an NRA spokesman? Well, I find it somewhat embarrassing.

But it really doesn't matter that I don't like him. I'd fight for the rights of my worst enemy, simply because it is the right thing to do. Ted's drawing the ire of a corrupt government and exposing their tactics at his own expense. To the extent that he raises awareness in that regard, I appreciate his efforts.
    Stubborn and DontTreadOnI like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    i'm starting to think ol uncle Ted,had one too many journeys to the center of the mind in his younger days? uncle Ted in the Amboy Dukes around 1968...

Amboy Dukes, The Journey to the Center of the Mind - YouTube
    Cool! I've never seen that. That was a screaming riff!
    Spirit51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Ol' Ted is definitely a few fries short of a happy meal.

Have him as an NRA spokesman? Well, I find it somewhat embarrassing.

But it really doesn't matter that I don't like him. I'd fight for the rights of my worst enemy, simply because it is the right thing to do. Ted's drawing the ire of a corrupt government and exposing their tactics at his own expense. To the extent that he raises awareness in that regard, I appreciate his efforts.
    I agree "WHEC", especially the part in bold.
    Sometimes even I wonder if Uncle Ted's "cheese has slid off his cracker". But regardless, I appreciate what he is doing, there really aren't very many in the public spotlight that speak out for us the way Ted does.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    What, nobody else has never been a bit testy when dealing with a kidney stone?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I think Ted and I are on the same side of most issues. We both have a role to play and I have no intention of criticizing the manner in which he chooses to execute his. In gamer speak: Ted's a tank. A tank is the first character to enter a dungeon and grab the attention of the BG. It is also a tanks responsibility to hold that attention while the rest of us DPS down them down. I think Ted does a pretty good job of attracting the attention and animosity of the left. From the cover he provides, the rest of us can offer more reasonable sounding but no less pointed attacks which hopefully over time will chip away and destroy our opponents positions.

VIP Member
    You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar
    atctimmy likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Actually you can catch more flies with poo or a rotting corpse. What's your point? He should "sweet talk" them? Yeah, like that is going to happen.
    WHEC724 and Bark'n like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Actually you can catch more flies with poo or a rotting corpse. What's your point? He should "sweet talk" them? Yeah, like that is going to happen.
    No, my point is that if gun owners use a screwy guy like T N as their spokesperson they can expect
    screwy results. A nut like that turns off the sensible middle; and that is where political power lies at election
    time.

With one rant he harmed the good name of gun owners; harmed our collective reputations.

There are darn good arguments in favor of gun ownership, in favor of self-defense, in favor of concealed carry,
    none of which will get listened to by the other side when the spokesperson appears certifiable.
    atctimmy and Doghandler like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

LOUD MOUTH FEVER!

DAH DAH DAH

We yearn for a Mark Twain and settle for a Ted?

We can do better.

I certainly didn't loose my cool, considerate composure when I was passing a kidney stone.
    Hopyard likes this.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I think Ted and I are on the same side of most issues. We both have a role to play and I have no intention of criticizing the manner in which he chooses to execute his. In gamer speak: Ted's a tank. A tank is the first character to enter a dungeon and grab the attention of the BG. It is also a tanks responsibility to hold that attention while the rest of us DPS down them down. I think Ted does a pretty good job of attracting the attention and animosity of the left. From the cover he provides, the rest of us can offer more reasonable sounding but no less pointed attacks which hopefully over time will chip away and destroy our opponents positions.
    ted has one issue... ted. Gamer speak? Is there a secret handshake as well?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    ted has one issue... ted. Gamer speak? Is there a secret handshake as well?
    Bubba, How'd we get on the same side?
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    No, my point is that if gun owners use a screwy guy like T N as their spokesperson they can expect
    screwy results. A nut like that turns off the sensible middle; and that is where political power lies at election
    time.

With one rant he harmed the good name of gun owners; harmed our collective reputations.

There are darn good arguments in favor of gun ownership, in favor of self-defense, in favor of concealed carry,
    none of which will get listened to by the other side when the spokesperson appears certifiable.
    He didn't embarrass me or ruin my reputation. I think you really over think this. He is not a spokesman for me and I would bet others feel this way too. I am also sure he didn't do anything to change anyone's mind about concealed carry, self defense, or gun ownership. If "they" were against these things after hearing him...I am sure they were against them before "they" heard him speak. After the way he has been demonized by the liberals and main stream media...I can blame him for being a bit testy. He may not be as polished as you would like, but he does more good for many groups than you or I do.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    He didn't embarrass me or ruin my reputation. I think you really over think this. He is not a spokesman for me and I would bet others feel this way too. I am also sure he didn't do anything to change anyone's mind about concealed carry, self defense, or gun ownership. If "they" were against these things after hearing him...I am sure they were against them before "they" heard him speak. After the way he has been demonized by the liberals and main stream media...I can blame him for being a bit testy. He may not be as polished as you would like, but he does more good for many groups than you or I do.
    "demonized by the liberals and main stream media" If he was acting and preaching like he does, about a subject you disagree with, you would consider him a lunatic (which he is).
    Hopyard likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links