Bass Pro Shop's Bait and Switch

This is a discussion on Bass Pro Shop's Bait and Switch within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is the second time so I did it to myself - AGAIN! Bass Pro Shop sends out a sales flyer last week for a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bass Pro Shop's Bait and Switch

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Bass Pro Shop's Bait and Switch

This is the second time so I did it to myself - AGAIN!

Bass Pro Shop sends out a sales flyer last week for a sale starting May 4th through the 6th with a double point coupon. So this morning I get up and head to Bass Pro Shop to pick up six boxes (1,000 round packs) of Winchester M-22 22 LR as I have 21 grandkids and during the summer we average between 5,000 and 6,000 round at our get togethers. Grand Pa always brings the ammo! Also on sale was the Ruger SR-22. I wanted to look at the Ruger SR22 as it would be another training pistol for the clan. Bass Pro also had several other firearms on sale.

Upon getting to the store, we find that NONE OF THE SALE ITEMS WERE IN STOCK!

Sure they'll give you a rain check and guarantee the item(s) would get there by the 11th, but you wouldn't get the double points! The draw was the "Double Points" which brought the price down on the ammo to what I'd pay SGAmmo to ship it in!

Won't shop at Bass Pro Shops again!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    "And this is the last day of this amazing, one-day offer!!!"
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Need another grandchild? I could be adopted (if legal at my age).
    barstoolguru likes this.

don't be a crabby grampa

free shipping
    http://www.targetsportsusa.com/p-135...nition.aspxCCI Blazer Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Lead Round Nose Case of 5000 (100 Boxes of 50)
    IN STOCK
    SKU:TSCCA0021

Regular Price: $219.99
    On Sale For: $209.90

This an very old practice that big businesses have doing for years.........

Its called "Come On In Sucker"........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    caveat emptor
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    caveat emptor
    That must mean "Man Cave has no bullets"
    WHEC724 and zonker1986 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    don't be a crabby grampa
    I don't think my grandkids would ever worry about me being crabby, my kids on the otherhand

I'm pro-choice; I believe parents should have abortion right until they turn 18 and move out or 21 years old if they're still at home! ONLY KIDDING!

This was a "Do Good" for our LGS. Every once in a while I like to support my state and local businesses. I just order my 22 LR for the summer trips from SGAmmo.com so the Grandkid won't be without their ammo. Now I'm looking for the SR-22 at a good price? One of our grandsons turn 12 this year and I've got a Texas Pig Hunt planned early spring next year for his first hunt.

ppkheat - As for "caveat emptor", (In the Duke's voice) ya can't buy anything if it ain't in stock Pilgrim.

phreddy - As far as adoptions go, I got a Navy Seal ex-Son-in-Law living with his ex-wife (our daughter) maybe they'll take ya in! Return to Peyton Place

My wife is retired but I'm still working to pay off our christmas expenses!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Have you tried these folks out in Pahrump? Not sure how this price stacks up to what was advertised.

Stockpile Defense LLC. Catalog Page

What was the advertised price for the SR-22?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    What was the advertised price for the SR-22?
    $339.00 + Tax ($27.45) + NICS ($25.00) = $391.00 out the door. Order on line and save the tax but pay shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    Have you tried these folks out in Pahrump? Not sure how this price stacks up to what was advertised.

Stockpile Defense LLC. Catalog Page
    The Federal 22 LR price is good (4000 for $209.00) but not great. 5000 CCI for $237.00 + $18.00 shipping at SGAmmo.com. Next time thru Pahrump I'll check! Either I get a hall pass from She Who Must Be Obeyed or she has to come with me. With the Hall Pass she give me $1.00 less than the going bottom rate at the adult amusement centers.

If they had it in stock for the sale, but sold out it's not bait and switch. Get there earlier - that's the deal with all those type sales; nothing wrong with that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    If they had it in stock for the sale, but sold out it's not bait and switch. Get there earlier - that's the deal with all those type sales; nothing wrong with that at all.
    As a business, you don't make anything if the product you advertise isn't on the shelf.

You run out? Get more.

I don't know anyone in the business of sales (meaning their money is made off of units sold) that wouldn't happily send you more units because that means more money for them.

Don't advertise a great price if you won't be able to honor it for the duration of the sale.

You know purple love a bargain, that's why walmart is the#1 retailer

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Sale started May 4th at 9:00 AM. I was at the gun counter May 4th at 9:05 AM. The sales manager stated that none of the sale items arrived on their delivery and the next deliver was after the sale had ended.

Just a point if they had sold out I wouldn't be RANT'g.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links