How many times can you twirl a loaded Glock?

This is a discussion on How many times can you twirl a loaded Glock? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just Kidding! "Do Not Try This at Home" But, I actually had to stop a friend-of-a-friend from attempting this stunt yesterday! He was gonna spin ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: How many times can you twirl a loaded Glock?

How many times can you twirl a loaded Glock?

Just Kidding!

"Do Not Try This at Home"

But, I actually had to stop a friend-of-a-friend from attempting this stunt yesterday! He was gonna spin a loaded Glock 17 on his finger like an "Old West Gun Slinger". Too much TV, not enough common sense!

Some people SHOULD NOT be allowed to own a gun.

2. Remove Ads

Ehn, as long as everyone around him consents to the risk. I mean, in the privacy of your own basement, how much riskier is this than juggling flaming chainsaws?
    DMan, msgt/ret, Moops and 1 others like this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Ehn, as long as everyone around him consents to the risk. I mean, in the privacy of your own basement, how much riskier is this than juggling flaming chainsaws?
    I DO NOT consent to the risk!

It's "Hey, don't do that." or the Mozambique Drill!
    BigJon10125 and CanuckQue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RonCo View Post
    Just Kidding!

"Do Not Try This at Home"

But, I actually had to stop a friend-of-a-friend from attempting this stunt yesterday! He was gonna spin a loaded Glock 17 on his finger like an "Old West Gun Slinger". Too much TV, not enough common sense!

Some people SHOULD NOT be allowed to own a gun.
    With friends like that, you might be better off alone.
    ctr likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

I twirl mine all the time old west style and do a hand flips too (where you hand a gun grip first to someone and then flip it and shoot) but I do it with a snap cap and so far it has never gone off.
    oneshot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Why juggle flaming chainsaws when you can juggle loaded Glocks??
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    you'll pardon me for bluntness....but how did he get to
    live to be old enough to have a gun being that stupid?

as an aside...if continuing in life is important to you
    please remember the 3 stupids.
    Bark'n likes this.

VIP Member
    Growing up watching Roy Rogers and all the western's, we'd typically spin our cap pistols and mimmick what we saw them do on TV. Actually we got pretty good at it, we'd be in awe to watch some pro perform stuff like that on TV as well.

Fast forward to my college days, I had a SA .22 revolver and a new girlfriend (now my wife of 37 years). My gun was definitely unloaded, repeat definitely unloaded. Her family really wasn't involved in guns and she was fascinated with seeing this .22 pistol. I mentioned that it is somewhat like "the cowboys used" and when I said that I instinctively did a couple of quick twirls and stuck it in the holster all in one motion. Her draw dropped as if I'd just made someone levitate with a magic hoop. She said MORE, so I did all I knew and though hadn't done anything like that in years it all came back to me instantly. All of a sudden I was a celebrity and had one fan.

I'd never thought my playing and twirling cap pistols when I was a kid would eventually attract a wife. Who'd ever thought?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not twirling a loaded Glock or loaded anything else, in fact I wouldn't twirl anything unless it was cowboy SA. Something about twirling a Glock ain't right.
    goldshellback and msgt/ret like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

That right there is why I prefer the XD. With the grip safety, I can twirl it all day long with essentially zero risk. What could go wrong?

Any Idiot that "twirls" a loaded weapon around me or mine will be on my famous bye bye bunny hole list IMMEDIATELY. I would SEND them one parting gift....a set of toy cowboy pistols so he can twirl safely to his heart's content....ALONE.
    W9HDG and Rock and Glock like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I don't hang around with Glock owners.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

OK, am I missing something? Is there a link or something with a guy twirling his Glock?

VIP Member
    I sure there is something, somewhere on youtube.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Trying to grasp a mental image of this. When twirling the Glock wouldn't it increase in speed each time a round when off? Kind of like what Roy Rogers did only with jet propulsion?

Michael

The more stories I hear like this, the more I think these people should just be left alone to do whatever it is they're gonna do.

Darwin! Oh, Darwin!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links