California Approved Gunsafe Video

This is a discussion on California Approved Gunsafe Video within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just got this link in an email from a former coworker and thought I'd post it here. While it is a "spoof" (I think ...

Thread: California Approved Gunsafe Video

California Approved Gunsafe Video

I just got this link in an email from a former coworker and thought I'd post it here. While it is a "spoof" (I think ) it points out the absurdity of some of the views of the anti-gun "safety" nutcases. Worth a couple minutes of time to watch.

LiveLeak.com - California Approved Handgun Safe
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

2. Remove Ads

I can believe that some of TPTB would like to see it get to this. I had to smile when the little screen said "$14.00 charged to account".

That's pretty funny.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

One of the responses on the video site.
    You burger munchers make me laugh. With every scenario you have just one of two responses...

1. Point a gun at it.

2. Shoot it.
    I am curious as to what this persons response might have been?
    Invite them in for tea?
    Offer to show them around?
    Climb out of a window and jump to safety?

I dated a lady one who got all upset when Police shot and killed a young child (burglar) caught in the act of accidentally entering someones home while the inhabitants were at home (home invasion). She was outraged at the idea of someone dying over property that can be replaced.
    When I pointed out to her that a number of my co-workers had been killed on the job attempting to earn the money to purchase items that this kid was attempting to steal she replied that it was mine and their choices to work at such a dangerous job.
    I guess in her mind the criminal did not have that same choice of professions.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    One of the responses on the video site.I am curious as to what this persons response might have been?Invite them in for tea?Offer to show them around?Climb out of a window and jump to safety?I dated a lady one who got all upset when Police shot and killed a young child (burglar) caught in the act of accidentally entering someones home while the inhabitants were at home (home invasion). She was outraged at the idea of someone dying over property that can be replaced.When I pointed out to her that a number of my co-workers had been killed on the job attempting to earn the money to purchase items that this kid was attempting to steal she replied that it was mine and their choices to work at such a dangerous job.I guess in her mind the criminal did not have that same choice of professions.Michael
    Thankfully thievery is not a safe profesion either. :)
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Links