First Smoked Ribs of the season...

This is a discussion on First Smoked Ribs of the season... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For a brother overseas, who needs to see some good ole home cooking. They were in the smoker for 6 hrs at 185, then placed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: First Smoked Ribs of the season...

For a brother overseas, who needs to see some good ole home cooking. They were in the smoker for 6 hrs at 185, then placed on the grill for the finishing touch. Juicy, pull off the bone, tender and just dam good.....Enjoy Bro, when you get back home, ill make up some more.....

Photo_05.jpg

Photo_05(1).jpg
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Share!
    Harryball likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

What about those of us not overseas? Can we come get some now?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    What about those of us not overseas? Can we come get some now?

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    LOL, Everyone would be invited. I must say, the hickory wood sure makes them good..... Yea you can have some LMAO

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    HB - you're killin' me!

Looks good. Great inspiration for anyone far from home.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Come on Harry, give up the recipe!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Went to the Kinston BBQ Fest and car show yesterday, no ribs but plenty of good North Carolina BBQ was had by all. Showed my car but did not win anything oh well same time next year.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

With mac & cheese out of a box! Where's the plain white bread?

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    For a brother overseas, who needs to see some good ole home cooking. They were in the smoker for 6 hrs at 185, then placed on the grill for the finishing touch. Juicy, pull off the bone, tender and just dam good.....Enjoy Bro, when you get back home, ill make up some more.....

Photo_05.jpg

Photo_05(1).jpg
    I feel sorry for you guys up north. We get to enjoy the grill year round down here. I've done brisket, butt & ribs about a dozen times this year so far. Next week, we'll be doing enough butt (& all the fix'ns) to feed around 100 men from our church.

-

Man I love doing beef ribs. Always followed by a week's worth of beef stew :)
    I'm really not into sweet sauces but you guys gotta try this: Bone Suckin' Sauce | Welcome To The Official Home!
    It's semi sweet and they make a spicy hot sauce.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

What's that goop all over those yummy lookin ribs? Well cooked ribs should stand on their own without extras being poured on them and hiding the flavor of the meat & smoke. Maybe a little spice rub before cooking but that's all.

I've had the Egg going for months - Lord I'm getting fat, I am weak but the meat is tender.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    HB you be the man.

Here is the recipe you asked for.

Baked Potato Salad

Use left over baked potatoes or bake up three or four good sized ones depending on how many people.
    Cut them into 1/2 to 1" chunks and place in a large bowl.
    Add 1-2 containers, 16 oz, of sour cream and 1-2 packets of Hidden Valley Ranch dry dressing mix.
    Stir it all together, use a little bit of milk if it gets to thick.
    Now add whatever you like on your baked potato. Chives, bacon bits, shredded cheese. Mix all that up then top with more shredded cheese and chill in the fridge.

Great with BBQ or burgers.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member
    Ribs look great but the side dish, not so much. Tacman's recipe sounds pretty tasty.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Ok guys. The Mac and cheese was the wifes idea...She likes that. Same with the BBQ sauce. I prefer mine on the side, But mama is happy, so Harryball is Happy.....
    ron8903 likes this.

My favorite BBQ rib recipe...
    Baby back ribs, one rack cut in half, rinsed...
    In a pressure pot, place ribs on rack at bottom, pour bottle beer over top and add favorite BBQ sauce over top of ribs. When the weight starts to dance, time for 12 mins. At the same time light off the grill (charcoal or gas). Add smoke alder or favorite smoking chips. Take ribs out of pressure pot, add more sauce on top of ribs and place on upper rack of BBQ making sure the chips are smoking good. Time this for 6 mins. Cut and serve with favorite sides.

You can do the exact same recipe without the BBQ sauce for a rubbed rib recipe using your favorite rib rub...

The pressure pot renders the fat out of the ribs and the meat falls off the bones...

I sometimes will bake large potatoes, slice in half, scoop out potato, semi mash them in small 1/4" size, add cheese and butter or favorite condiment. Place back into potato skin and rebake for 15 mins in oven or place in smoker for ~2 hours at 165*. I normally place cheese on top and when the cheese melts, I pull the potatoes out to eat. Left overs get wrapped in foil for next days side dish...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links