Journalist's Guide to Guns

This is a discussion on Journalist's Guide to Guns within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I found this on another forum and thought I'd share it. The sad thing is it is so true. journalist_guns_21.jpg...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Badey
  • 2 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By Hoganbeg

Thread: Journalist's Guide to Guns

I found this on another forum and thought I'd share it. The sad thing is it is so true.

journalist_guns_21.jpg
    lyz_grace and msgt/ret like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

This is a joke....right??
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Because to the non-gun folks, any handgun must be a Glock and any big bad looking rifle must be an AK-47.

I once had an office conversation about the security procedures in my office. A man made a comment about keeping a shotgun behind the reception desk and a lady goes "Of course, that's all great until someone walks in with an AK-47!"

The guy and I exchanged glances and I said, "I dunno... I'd rather be behind the shotgun and take my chances with the rifle..."

The sad part is that it is so true, its the way the left wing media look at things.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

If you have more than three of these "assault rifles", your premise might be a "compound".

VIP Member
    And any more than one handgun and one longgun plus a box of ammo for each is a massive lethal arsenal capable of equipping a third world country or a drug cartel.
    lyz_grace and Spirit51 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Just another example of changing the meaning of words to better fit their own agenda and truth be damned.
    Spirit51 likes this.

This is a satirical look at how "journalists" see firearms and how to identify the various types. It is an old one, but nevertheless stresses the point that some people who write need more lessons or do more research before labeling any firearm.

Kind of like the Geico "Caveman" commercial when they were at lunch and the guy said "Sorry, we didn't know you guys were still around."

The Caveman answered, "Try a little research next time!"
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Here is another satire on the serious subject of educating the media about guns and weapon terminology.

Cartridge vs Bullet - YouTube

I know I have posted this before, but I really like it.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Links