Is our government getting ready For a Civil War

This is a discussion on Is our government getting ready For a Civil War within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Spirit51 The dogs look embarrassed, but the kitty looks like he is planning which pair of your shoes to leave a little ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Is our government getting ready For a Civil War

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    The dogs look embarrassed, but the kitty looks like he is planning which pair of your shoes to leave a little "present" in. Check them before putting your feet in them.
    They're not really my pets, just file photos from Google...just like the picture of my wife I show, was cut out of a magazine...funny how much she resembles Elle Macpherson.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    They're not really my pets, just file photos from Google...just like the picture of my wife I show, was cut out of a magazine...funny how much she resembles Elle Macpherson.
    Definitely better than looking like Janet Reno!!
    Stubborn, hogdaddy and msgt/ret like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Definitely better than looking like Janet Reno!!
    I'm old and fat and bald and I'm better looking than Janet Reno.
    Even if I shave my butt and walk backwards.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Administrator
    Moved to The Back Porch - Off Topic.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

If by planning you mean looking forward to or hoping for a civil war I would have to say I do not believe that to be the case. If on the other hand you mean that they have contingency plans just in case it happens then yes. I believe that the Government has plans on how to react if the Canadians decide to domesticate polar bears and ride them across the border during an invasion.
    Doesn't mean anyone believes it will happen. Or that they want it to happen. Only means we are prepared.

Should the Government wait till a disaster hits before deciding how to deal with it? Nothing wrong with having the polar bear guns ready. Once they ride across the border its to late to start planning. You don't want your children growing up speaking polar bear do you?

Michael

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    ... You don't want your children growing up speaking polar bear do you?

Michael
    Better than Canadian, ay? ('sorry Gunnybunny)

It's amazing the stuff that you can do in this country with little or no government interference. Forget J.T. Ready and his neo-Nazi associates. Yeah, he was on several watch lists, but he still had his guns. Instead, take a look at somebody like Darren Huff who was intent on taking over a Tennessee courthouse. State troopers stopped him. He was armed. He made his intent clear. Eventually, they let him go. Of course, Huff went through with his plans and was eventually arrested, tried, and convicted.

But really, stuff like this goes on and you think the government has me on a watch list because I have a couple of guns and a case of Beenie Weenies in the pantry? If they do, so what?
    Hopyard likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Better than Canadian, ay? ('sorry Gunnybunny)
    Anything but French. oui?
    Canadians are OK, other than everything involves hockey...I sometimes think they even deer hunt with hockey sticks.
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Keep in mind that most of those underground bunkers where built for the Cold War, not an upcoming Civil War.

They were built for a very real threat of nuclear war. And to keep the continuity of the US Government.

No tin hat needed here!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Keep in mind that most of those underground bunkers where built for the Cold War, not an upcoming Civil War.

They were built for a very real threat of nuclear war. And to keep the continuity of the US Government.

No tin hat needed here!
    Back then building a shelter was considered a responsible thing to do. Build one now for the exact same reason as those were built and you will be labeled a wacko. Also it won't be called a shelter. It will be called a bunker. Then once built it won't be sitting next to your home. It will be a part of a fortified compound.

Michael
    Stubborn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post

No tin hat needed here!
    Further more, a lot of these Executive Orders you hear the tinfoil crowd talk about (i.e forced labor camps, government take over of industry etc..) were signed in the early 60's for the same reason. To establish authority in case of a national emergency which was mostly defined at the time as a nuclear war.
    Hopyard likes this.

Well, Ill be in my lazy boy if they want me.......
    Hopyard likes this.

VIP Member
    I find it rather startling, that a lot of you guys find this idea so far fetched, and out of the realm of possibility.

You guys took the time to obtain a concealed weapon permit, train and train and train,,,, for what?
    In case something as remote as an armed robbery, you would be prepared.

Why is it a stretch, for something like this to happen, yet some of you obsess to the point of ridiculous continuum with carrying a firearm for protection?

Everyone thinks the USofA must somehow be immune to anything of the sort, contrary to a lot of indications around the world that shows the powers that be wish it to be so.
    Why does our government try to mainstream everything?
    Political Correctness, is lurking around every corner, why.?

The United Nations is a farce.
    Why does it exist, and recieve the money it does when it is useless?
    Because it will be the rule of law around the world.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Further more, a lot of these Executive Orders you hear the tinfoil crowd talk about (i.e forced labor camps, government take over of industry etc..) were signed in the early 60's for the same reason. To establish authority in case of a national emergency which was mostly defined at the time as a nuclear war.
    The problem is not with the intent of such laws. It is the danger that they will be used for reasons other than what they were intended for. Many of these measures would never be accepted if it were believed that they might be used for anything other than the most extreme emergencies. Right now there are people pushing the use of terrorism laws against gangs. Not everyone that has 25 pounds of black powder in their spare room is a terrorist. Nor should they be treated as such. We allowed the expansion of laws allowing asset forfeiture in cases where criminal guilt could not be proven. These laws are now being used in ways they were never intended to be used.

Extreme measures are indeed needed during extreme times. We must make sure that they are only used during those times. The Government if not closely watched will use those powers we have given it against us. Having a handy secret group of Judges that approve warrants would be scary if they used it against us instead of the terrorist it was meant for. But, how will we ever know for sure it isn't abused?

Michael
    ErnieNWillis likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    We seriously need a tinfoil hat emoticon
    Will this suffice?

tinfoilhatarea.jpg
    suntzu and Hopyard like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links