The path to 911

This is a discussion on The path to 911 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Looks like the Clinton's have their panties in a major whad over this one. I have always wondered why Bush could be so criticized for ...

Thread: The path to 911

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

The path to 911

Looks like the Clinton's have their panties in a major whad over this one.

I have always wondered why Bush could be so criticized for failing to prevent 9-11 while only being in office for 9 months, and the Clinton's want to hold no blame when they had 8 years to stop it.

This is one show I am going to have to tape.

Check out the CNN article
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    Pure and simple: the clintons arent responsible for anything, didnt you know that?

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Its NEVER their fault............................................. .................................................. .......................

Clinton is more responsible for alot of todays problems than he would ever dare to admit.
    Fear No Evil.

Five years before 9/11 a friend of mine was making a presentation concerning the tracking of terrorist bomb builders to the joint chiefs and the pres. When the pres asked what good the info was a certain pro spec ops admiral informed the pres that with that info the terrorists could be neuteralised by special seal teams. The pres stated that that was unacceptable because of potential political outfall and besides the world was now a better place. Two weeks later the admiral was told to retire and my friend no longer had a job. While talking about it on the phone he said he warned the pres that if this course was followed, in 7 years max we would see major terror on our soil. He also warned me, he was right. Very sad.....
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Five years before 9/11 a friend of mine was making a presentation concerning the tracking of terrorist bomb builders to the joint chiefs and the pres. When the pres asked what good the info was a certain pro spec ops admiral informed the pres that with that info the terrorists could be neuteralised by special seal teams. The pres stated that that was unacceptable because of potential political outfall and besides the world was now a better place. Two weeks later the admiral was told to retire and my friend no longer had a job. While talking about it on the phone he said he warned the pres that if this course was followed, in 7 years max we would see major terror on our soil. He also warned me, he was right. Very sad.....

I guess that pretty much summed up why I still support Bush today. I do think things could have been handled a little better, and we should have been better prepaired for the aftermath of the war, but at least he is doing something.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Rush is yacking about it right now. Kind of a replay of yesterday.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Links