SpearGun AD

SpearGun AD

This is a discussion on SpearGun AD within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Oopps! Talk about a pain in the rear!...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Nick62
  • 4 Post By QKShooter

Thread: SpearGun AD

SpearGun AD

Oopps! Talk about a pain in the rear!
    Attached Images
    32* A&ASR F&AM, LEO, EMT
    Glock 33 .357 Sig, Glock 19 Gen 4, M&P 40c, Kahr PM, SW99

So much for turning the other cheek.
    msgt/ret likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick62 View Post
    So much for turning the other cheek.
    LAMO.gif
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Administrator
    Hey. The poor guy got shot with a doggone spear. Don't make him the butt of your pathetic jokes.

Dang, hopefully it sparred his sciatic nerve-could be a life of severe neuropathy.

Seeing that made MY butt cheeks tighten. Ouch! I hope everything came out ok.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Holy Crap!

Have some compassion! You all are always so cheeky!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Those spears generally have a flange or barbs at the tip, and a length of line on the other.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    I'm best guessing that the guy had to be the victim of somebody elses negligent discharge and that it was not self-inflicted.
    I just can't imagine how a person would/could shoot themselves in the ass with a speargun.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I'm best guessing that the guy had to be the victim of somebody elses negligent discharge and that it was not self-inflicted.
    I just can't imagine how a person would/could shoot themselves in the ass with a speargun.
    I agree. I wouldn't care who shot me, it could be my mom, but when I got out of the hospital I'd punch that person right in the mouth! OUCH!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Senior Moderator
    BTDT.
    Philippine Islands, 1980.

Me and three others were spearfishing. Had been in the water long enough to use 3 tanks. We all popped up at the same time and proceeded to get in the boat. As a matter of safety, we always fired our spear guns before getting on the boat or at least we removed the band tension on them.

New guy decided to fire his off,about 4 feet deep underwater, without realizing that his gun was sticking straight up instead of down. Spear hits guy on the tail-board of the boat, hitting him square in butt,entering from left cheek to right cheek, low left to upper right at an angle.He starts cussing like a sailor,I'm about 3 feet away wondering what the heck is going on. Spear about 3 feet long,is sticking out of guys butt. We couldn't pull it out for fear of doing more damage so we took him to the hospital. That was about an hour ride away. He couldn't sit, he could barely stand,and he said that he could feel every wave that the boat hit.

We finally got to shore and he had to walk a pretty good ways and it was hilarious to watch. The poor guy was in much pain, but he could only take very small steps because that spear was stuck in the crack of his tail...the crack that moves and allows you to walk. When pinned shut with a spear, you cant walk very well at all.So here is this guy in lots of pain, two of us helping him to take itty bitty steps and we were laughing uncontrollably. It was really a sight to behold.

He goes to the ER in a jeep, standing up in the back the whole way. Because the guy that shot him had nailed several fish with it, they had to cut him straight across to clean it all out, removing slime and gut matter from him to prevent infection. That was the worst part of the deal. They were deep cuts with lots of stitches and he had to spend awhile in the hospital, unable to move or even lay on his back. It took several weeks to recover.

We all had to give statements in an investigation and had to sit in a interrogation room for awhile, but I guess they finally figured out that it was an accident and let us go.

I can sympathize with the guy in the picture, you know that had to hurt.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links