So much for waking up and going to recent threads to see what is going on! LOL

This is a discussion on So much for waking up and going to recent threads to see what is going on! LOL within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So much for waking up and going to recent threads to see what is going on! LOL All recent threads were being pushed off the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: So much for waking up and going to recent threads to see what is going on! LOL

So much for waking up and going to recent threads to see what is going on! LOL

So much for waking up and going to recent threads to see what is going on! LOL All recent threads were being pushed off the top for 30 minutes!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Someone had too much time on their hands.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

LOL! Sigguy was getting his week's worth of posting in this morning.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

VIP Member
    "Expend all remaining rounds, over"
    suntzu likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Yeah, it kind of screws up the whole "New Posts" function when someone spends five hours CTRL-V'ing the new members section.
    Thunder71 likes this.

ttt
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Quote Originally Posted by Manzanita View Post
    Yeah, it kind of screws up the whole "New Posts" function when someone spends five hours CTRL-V'ing the new members section.
    Hey! thats not fair! You mean instead of racking my brain trying to come up with more useless drivil I could have just hit CTRL-V?

Michael
    JDE101 likes this.

I was going to say hi when I saw the new posts. Then when I opened them and looked at the original dates I decided not to. I'm not even sure some of those folks are still alive.

Michael
    barstoolguru, Hopyard and JD like this.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I was going to say hi when I saw the new posts. Then when I opened them and looked at the original dates I decided not to. I'm not even sure some of those folks are still alive.

Michael

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

If you do a new post search with the new member forum excluded it's a breeze. Make this your wake up forum check link and you'll not be swamped by the welcome new users posts.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...ost&exclude=46
    JD, 64zebra and TheShadow like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    If you do a new post search with the new member forum excluded it's a breeze. Make this your wake up forum check link and you'll not be swamped by the welcome new users posts.

I like that. Can you make me up a search that excludes folks that disagree with me? That would clear up about 99% of what I have to wade through.

Michael

Antisocial

That's 162 welcomes in exactly 4 hours! Must be a record and on par with a 3rd shift Walmart greeter
    mlr1m likes this.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

The thing is not new folks posting to the thread. One person spent 30 minutes posting to it which pushed all of the active threads to the bottom. I woke up and it was new greetings to memebers who first post back to April 1! It was like having a spammer.

VIP Member
    From the forum rules:

"7. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed. The posting of meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts, including links off-site the forum are assumed to be for that reason.

8. Spamming is not allowed and will result in having your account banned. This includes using the forum email and Private Message system to spam other members privately. Any member receiving this type of PM or email, should immediately notify forum staff."
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    From the forum rules:

"7. Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed. The posting of meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts, including links off-site the forum are assumed to be for that reason.

8. Spamming is not allowed and will result in having your account banned. This includes using the forum email and Private Message system to spam other members privately. Any member receiving this type of PM or email, should immediately notify forum staff."
    That's what I was wondering this morning when I saw that; does posting in the New Members section add to your post count? I've noticed that posting in the Off-Topic section does not (as far as I could tell), so it seems like the new members section should be setup the same way. Or maybe it is and some people just don't realize that.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links