Stories Like These Sway Folks About Guns

This is a discussion on Stories Like These Sway Folks About Guns within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Stories like these sway folks about 2A and gun rights more than some guy OC'ing and getting arrested for disorderly conduct (not gun charges): Police: ...

Thread: Stories Like These Sway Folks About Guns

Stories Like These Sway Folks About Guns

Stories like these sway folks about 2A and gun rights more than some guy OC'ing and getting arrested for disorderly conduct (not gun charges):

Police: Vicki Bolling dies after shot several times by her husband, Bill Bolling charged with first degree murder | wtsp.com

Son Arrested In Father's Deadly Natomas Shooting - Sacramento News Story - KCRA Sacramento

These stories are read by millions nation and world wide. The local yahoo's that get arrested for OC'ing legally get 24 hours worth of local fame and nobody even hears or talks about it except for us and the Brady Bunch.

And of course Zimmerman is prominently displayed almost every day on CNN.com

These stories are in the national news or links to them from national news sites everyday.

2. Remove Ads

the battle will never end between good and evil and in this battle who to say whitch is which

True there is a lot of bad press, but we did these everyone and awhile. It got a lot of attention too. http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top...RhrWCM9dQ.cspx

Sent from my 300 baud modem

VIP Member
    You are correct.
    These ARE the stories the media is told to push, from the wizard behind the curtain.

Every now and then we'll see a story about a woman or family member who thwarts the attack and/or kills the offending person.
    But it is, and always will be rare.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    True there is a lot of bad press, but we did these everyone and awhile. It got a lot of attention too. Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store - ABC4.com - Salt Lake City, Utah News

Sent from my 300 baud modem
    A story like this will only make the local news whereas the OP’s stories will be snapped up by the AP Newswire and immediately be sent nationwide.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Moderator
    Only people that are weak or uninformed get swayed by stories in the news media.

The news media elites have only one purpose...to mold and influence the minds of the public a certain way. That is their main goal. Everything else is secondary.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I don't think they sway people. More like the people were "swayed" long ago and stories like this allow them to say "see, see, see I told you".
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

What?!? News outlets are used to "sway"public opinion?!? Since when?!?

All sarcasm aside, only the gullible, weak minded, and timid people will believe the "Guns are bad.....m'kay" crap from the "Media."

It is nothing new, the far left leaning, strip your rights away from you crowd has been doing stuff like this for years. Guess they believe if they keep trying, it will be successful.

I think not, there are too many gun rights supporters out there who really do make a difference. Only when ALL of the 2A supporters are vanquished will those rights go away.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links