Why I Hate 9-1-1, Cell Phones, and Good Witnesses (Long) - Page 3

Why I Hate 9-1-1, Cell Phones, and Good Witnesses (Long)

This is a discussion on Why I Hate 9-1-1, Cell Phones, and Good Witnesses (Long) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 My response was prompted by the couple you mentioned. I will give you a for-instance. Some years ago, I discovered an ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Why I Hate 9-1-1, Cell Phones, and Good Witnesses (Long)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    My response was prompted by the couple you mentioned. I will give you a for-instance. Some years ago, I discovered an elderly woman who had fallen in her yard on a cold winter night, and laid there helplessly for a some time. I summoned neighbors with blankets and had one call 9-1-1. Being the good witness, I quickly surmised that she probably had broken her hip, and was incoherent. We covered her and kept her still. The city-employed, certified EMTs arrived, at which time I advised them of her hip, and her delirium. Instead of taking control of the situation, they repeatedly asked her what she wanted them to do. Eventually, based upon her responses and despite our urgings to the contrary, one tried to help her stand (on what actually was a broken hip) with the assistance of a neighbor lady. She collapsed and literally passed out. She was eventually transported, and died a few weeks later.
    Yeah...that was bad. The couple I mentioned were handled correctly. Not every call has a positive outcome, no matter how much you do. I have one for you. A "big rig" trucker on I 35 just ran over a family...killing all five. When they got him out he was so drunk he couldn't even stand. I got several of these examples, probably more than you have of worthless EMS or LEO. Matter of fact I would bet on it. Those trucks in the wrong hands can be a more lethal weapon than any gun.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Yeah...that was bad. The couple I mentioned were handled correctly. Not every call has a positive outcome, no matter how much you do. I have one for you. A "big rig" trucker on I 35 just ran over a family...killing all five. When they got him out he was so drunk he couldn't even stand. I got several of these, probably more than you have the other. Those trucks in the wrong hands can be a more lethal weapon than any gun.
    Agreed, absolutely on all points.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

We have talked about people who don't stop and help. Here is a up lifting story of one who did. Give it a read.

Wreck scene haunts Good Samaritan: What if he hadnít stopped? - KansasCity.com
    Mike1956 and HotGuns like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links