Mini rant

Mini rant

This is a discussion on Mini rant within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As far as real problems in the real world, this is chicken crap. About a month ago, I think, Bud's Guns came up with this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mini rant

Distinguished Member

Mini rant

As far as real problems in the real world, this is chicken crap. About a month ago, I think, Bud's Guns came up with this "Buy Safe" product (which they must own). Fine, sell the product. But good luck trying to sign in. That stupid icon literally covers over the sign in. You cannot get into Bud's Guns unless you tap on the icon and here the spiel. I did figure out that if you try three or four times it finally gives in. Oh, tried to contact them via email. HARDEHARRHARR! Can't get past "Buy Safe" to do it. I may be alone in this but screw Bud's Guns. It honestly may just be me but I've gone elsewhere in purchasing firearms. I'd love to meet the guy that came up with that idea.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

I don't see what you are referring to (not implying it doesn't happen just that I wasn't experiencing it)
    I went back to the site and clicked on "log in" link in the middle of the page.

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?

On the next page where you enter your email and password everything was accessible. What web browser do you use?? I have internet explorer.
    I can definetly relate to the problem though. They are using popups on some sites now where you have to search for the close link or it just follows you up and down the page.

Distinguished Member
    AHA!!!! VICTORY!!! Just went to Bud's Guns. I could not even get to customer service because I had to sign in, which, it would not let me do without getting "buy safe". So I went to Gunbroker, found one of their adds, and then linked on to "ask seller a question". The guy wrote right back and said it tee'd him off as well and that he would forward it to the owner of Bud's Gun Shop. Wow, that was fast!!
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

this is a rant free site
    aznav likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    this is a rant free site
    Somebody told on me??

What? I'm confused
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    What? I'm confused
    Sorry, Rammer, it comes with age. We all have it.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Sorry, Rammer, it comes with age. We all have it.
    We do? Ill be 56 in just over a week and I'm wondering if I am confused then will I know it? Or will I be too confused to know that I am confused?

Dang it, now my head hurts.

JD
    Administrator
    As far as real problems in the real world, this is chicken crap. About a month ago, I think, Bud's Guns came up with this "Buy Safe" product (which they must own). Fine, sell the product. But good luck trying to sign in. That stupid icon literally covers over the sign in. You cannot get into Bud's Guns unless you tap on the icon and here the spiel. I did figure out that if you try three or four times it finally gives in. Oh, tried to contact them via email. HARDEHARRHARR! Can't get past "Buy Safe" to do it. I may be alone in this but screw Bud's Guns. It honestly may just be me but I've gone elsewhere in purchasing firearms. I'd love to meet the guy that came up with that idea.
    Tap? If your using a mobile device I'd go easy on them. It's hard enough to optimize a website for computers let alone all the different mobile devices...Windows mobile, Droid, Blackberry etc. And that's not even getting into all the different revisions of browser interface etc. They can have everything right for one version but then you update your "user interface" and you start having troubles viewing sites...

Just my .02

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    We do? Ill be 56 in just over a week and I'm wondering if I am confused then will I know it? Or will I be too confused to know that I am confused?

Dang it, now my head hurts.
    I'm 60 and trying to figure out who's confused and why
    aznav likes this.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

I'm 70 and I'm not confused. Uh, what were we talking about again? What day is it? Gee, that's a nice gun! I like Kimbers. What's the subject again?
    aznav likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Tap? If your using a mobile device I'd go easy on them. It's hard enough to optimize a website for computers let alone all the different mobile devices...Windows mobile, Droid, Blackberry etc. And that's not even getting into all the different revisions of browser interface etc. They can have everything right for one version but then you update your "user interface" and you start having troubles viewing sites...

Just my .02

Uh, now I'M confused.

JD
    Administrator
    Uh, now I'M confused.
    Were you using your phone, Kindle, IPad etc or a real computer?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Were you using your phone, Kindle, IPad etc or a real computer?

Real computer.

You might try Adblock Plus and see if it takes care of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links