May have a job with TSA

This is a discussion on May have a job with TSA within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have gone thru several phase's on their dash board of employment. Have set date for interveiw. There are like 9 steps to this process, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: May have a job with TSA

May have a job with TSA

I have gone thru several phase's on their dash board of employment. Have set date for interveiw. There are like 9 steps to this process, I think i'm at step 4.Now having 2nd thoughts of going thru with it. With all the crap going on in the TSA. I work as an armed security officer 2 nigths patrol and 3 nights of post.no benefits and the pay is not great. TSA federal benefits, less hours (part time) higher hourly pay. My question is if it was you and all the world knows the crap happing at airport security would you feel ok going to work for them. like the see some of your coments. thanks

2. Remove Ads

I got to the interview and passed it up at that point, make sure you ask questions.
    Good luck with it whatever your choice.
    I cannot blame a man for bettering himself or his family.
    aznav likes this.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Maybe YOU could be the one who starts giving the TSA a GOOD name...
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

Distinguished Member
    My two cents (since you asked). Hard times are a'comin. To have a federal job, benefits and some sense of security is, pardon the pun, money in the bank. Will you get a jerk for a boss? Probably. Will you see fraud, waste, and abuse? Probably. Will you cry all the way to the bank? Hopefully. Could be just my luck but I travel quite a bit and have had very professional TSA agents. Every once in a great while someone has a nail up their butt. I just shut my pie hole and proceed as directed.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Administrator
    If you have a shot at a better job then go for it. Just be the best TSA officer that you can be.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Just do the best job you can do and treat people the way you would want your own family treated.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I don't think I could take a paycheck violating peoples rights no offense, you asked
    DC and kaboomkaboom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    I don't think I could take a paycheck violating peoples rights no offense, you asked
    I feel the same way - however, if I had no other choice, I'd be sure to document everything from instructions, directives orders, etc. Remember you'll be working for the government, and they won't hesitate to throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. The government CANNOT EVER BE TRUSTED. Continue looking for better employment.
    msgt/ret likes this.

after reading all of your responses I'm glad at what i;m reading. no bashing or put downs. Just simple honest posts this is why I choose this forum.members aking questions on firearms and much more. thank you all, stay safe always be aware and god bless america.

Two words... Lateral Transfer.

Use it as a stepping stone to something better. Spend some time with TSA, keep your nose clean, maybe a promotion or two, and then use that as a foot in the door to other federal occupations later on.

Upward and onward! Jump on it, dude!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I find it hard to top any of the POSITIVE comments above! Go for it! Ignore the rest!

Just bring us all flowers when you fondel us. a smile at least.
    all kidding aside. use it as stated, a stepping stone to something better.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

The fact that you have enough wisdom, humility and concern to be seeking counsel from others leads me to conclude that you will make an informed, wise decision. The counsel has been good. As you go through the process you will learn a lot and be even better able to make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    wow...How are they violating peoples right by verifying they are not holding a bomb of other form of dangerous item in these times. I could see if we were searching people before they go shopping.... but c/mon, this is 2012 and we need to know every passenger plans on getting to their destination.

Bark'n nailed it. Get your foot in the door and transfer to a better agency.

Once your in, it's a lot easier to move around. DHS is a huge agency. Lots of job security in the Fed Gov.

My agency/building has its own Police Dept.., Fire Dept., and its own EMS service. All Federal jobs.
    aznav likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links