US Government Rolls Out Domestic Drone Rules

This is a discussion on US Government Rolls Out Domestic Drone Rules within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK, I have major league problems with the feds spying on US citizens in our home territory. Hopefully, Congress will shoot these things down before ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: US Government Rolls Out Domestic Drone Rules

VIP Member

OK, I have major league problems with the feds spying on US citizens in our home territory. Hopefully, Congress will shoot these things down before they get off the ground in a big way, but time will tell. They have already been used at least once for police work and Congress has passed enabling legislation for many more.

Folks - we gotta say something to our elected reps about this stuff. The second link asserts that there could be 30K drones in our skies in 8 years.

Privacy concerns as US government rolls out domestic drone rules | Fox News

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/02/09-6
    SIGguy229 likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Senior Moderator
    If you are depending on Congress to do anything, I hope you aren't dissapointed.
    shooterX likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Sadly they are already watching much of what we now do. I don't know how much satellite resolution "they" have available to them, but some landowners have been fined for violating federal regulations. I'm not supporting violators, but I know they were caught due to satellite survellience.
    Bark'n and goldshellback like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

They are flying right now. I suspect this is to make it official.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...ington-border/

Sent from my 300 baud modem

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I don't know how much satellite resolution "they" have available to them, but some landowners have been fined for violating federal regulations.
    Probably 20 years ago, the best eyes in the sky could tell whether you were smoking Marlboros or Camels on your back porch.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Senior Moderator
    Resolution?

If the conditions are right they can distinguish and classify fingerprints on your vehicle.

Using image intensifiers and infrared spectrometry, they can tell disturbed dirt and when you buried your cache of guns and ammo. They can log it with a GPS and go right to it when ever they deem necessary.

They can watch your vehicle run, and do an analysis of your tailpipe emissions to see how your engine is running.

Using thermal technology, they can tell what room of the house you are sleeping in and if they really want to coordinate the satellite, if you are worth their time, they can hear how loud you are snoring or what you are saying in your sleep.

Think thats pretty far fetched? What do you think it'll be like in 20 years?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Want a surprise, just go to Google maps and put in your home address, granted it will be low resolution but you will be amazed how much can be made out. Most of the satellite shots are old but in my case you can easily make out the pool, what kind of tractor I have and the two Honda 600 cars in the back. When you consider the resolution on more current satellites they can probably read the VINs on both cars.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Dear Concerned American Citizens,

Honest, we will only use these drones to "spy" on bad people. We are your friends and we will never violate your rights, well unless we do.

Signed
    Your Loving Federal/State and Local Governments
    asin9ne likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Why worry if you are not doing anything wrong?Its a matter of State Security...The ends justify the means.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    If you are depending on Congress to do anything, I hope you aren't dissapointed.
    I quite agree. However, if people get off the bench and complain, the congress critters just may listen.

I also agree with what others have written that drones are just the next step in a long trail of such abuses, but until we stand up to the monster we have created, it will simply keep escalating the abuses.

30K drones may at least improve the coverage or allow for easier targeting. It is also a huge step in the militarization of US police forces.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I'm not sure what to do about these drones. It just seems like a terrible idea to allow this. We all know it's perfectly legal to walk around and take pictures of whatever you want. What if the gubmint decides to start taking wide-spectrum photos of everything? When does flying over my backyard and taking pictures turn into a violation of my privacy?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Welcome to obamaville comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by RayBar View Post
    Welcome to obamaville comrade.
    I am no fan of the current administration but just look back at the Bush administration's policies on domestic surveillance. The list is long but at the fore front were the warrantless collection of signals of US persons by the NSA.
    atctimmy likes this.

Disgusted..............

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    Why worry if you are not doing anything wrong?Its a matter of State Security...The ends justify the means.
    I hope to God that was sarcasm and my sarcasm detector is just not working this morning...
    Stubborn, asin9ne and 8th ID like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links