Georgia Officer Not Punished After Admitting He Kicked 9-Month Pregnant Woman

This is a discussion on Georgia Officer Not Punished After Admitting He Kicked 9-Month Pregnant Woman within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "A police officer from Dekalb County, Ga. with a history of violent conduct kicked a heavily pregnant woman in the stomach in a recent incident ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Georgia Officer Not Punished After Admitting He Kicked 9-Month Pregnant Woman

Georgia Officer Not Punished After Admitting He Kicked 9-Month Pregnant Woman

"A police officer from Dekalb County, Ga. with a history of violent conduct kicked a heavily pregnant woman in the stomach in a recent incident that the officer’s superiors described as within department policy.
    Video: Georgia Officer Not Punished After Admitting He Kicked 9-Month Pregnant Woman In The Stomach! (She Underwent An Emergency C-Section)
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

Wow....what was he thinking kicking her in the stomach.

VIP Member
    In his incident report Wheeler claimed that he could not tell that Dozier was pregnant and that he kicked her out of self defense because she was acting aggressively.
    If he could not tell she was pregnant he really needs his vision checked.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Born healthy.... doesn't mean there is no long term effect..... which means he could be in a world of hurt.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Sounds like he needs a physcological evaluation. His wife must kick his butt when he's at home.He should take his supervisor with him when he goes to the shrink Someone should beat the brakes off both of them.

mkh
    Sounds like he is a jerk and needs to be fired. If they don't let him home will end up costing the city a large sum of money someday as this kind of behavior doesn't just stop - it usually just escalates.

I am very pro LEO having been one in the past but I despise a corrupt or violent/ abusive officers. Coverups of illegal actions of officers make me want to puke.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Wait a minute...was his last name Harless?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I am not going to win any friends by posting this comment and by no means am I a LEO lover BUT there is two sides to the story and we are getting the washed down version.

Her brother was getting tasered because he was being arrested /aggressive?

She having no consideration for the baby decides to get involved with police doing their job.

we can just imagine how this went down and it wasn't sweet; she charged him and I am sure there was a volley of harsh words before she injected herself into. After all she was there to CALM her brother down after what seem to be a confrontation with his "baby's momma" when the cops showed up obvious to arrest him for battery (why would you taser someone for just talking to them)

Being pregnant is not a get out of jail card... she should have stayed out of it.

Was he wrong... better discretion should have been used but when you have an already heated situation and she comes charging it sounds like a knee jerk reaction and I for one am not going to WAIT and see if she is going to assult me before taking a defensive position
    sgb and Spirit51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Two previous "use of force complaints filed within the last year". Do you maybe see a pattern here?
    Three in a year, sounds out of control to me.
    What's next...stomping kittens...knocking the heads off baby ducks with a golf club? Maybe threating to execute someone in a traffic stop like the fine officer in Canton Oh.
    Just my $.02

p.s. I'm not picking on LE, but when they're bad...they're bad...get rid of them before worse happens
    Last edited by Stubborn; May 15th, 2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: additional thought
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

However, this isn't the first time Jared Wheeler as acted questionably. The officer is now under criminal investigation after two other incidents. In 2011, he was accused of manhandling a 53-year old woman, twisting her arm behind her back and shoving her face down into a patrol car. She says she was only trying to check on her grandchildren who had just got in a car wreck with their mother. This past January, Wheeler was accused of showing up to the wrong address when called, and then shooting that family's dog.

Continue reading at NowPublic.com: Police Officer Jared Wheeler Kicked a Pregnant Woman in Stomach | NowPublic News Coverage Police Officer Jared Wheeler Kicked a Pregnant Woman in Stomach | NowPublic News Coverage

sgb
    I'm not going to condemn anyone based solely on accusations.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    Being pregnant is not a get out of jail card... she should have stayed out of it.
    I looks like this cop is a bad apple but the above quote does have some merit.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I hate to condemn a LEO on a newspaper report. I know from experience how out of control and actually dangerous this type of call can be. BUT with the damage done to the woman (I mean a "kick", really?) and the other two incidents this LEO may need to find a different career. He seems to have a short fuse and over reactive and violent nature. Two major draw backs for a LEO.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I don't have enough facts to comment, but the above statement is worth reflection. I've seen reckless pregnant mothers that left me praying for their unborn child. This has been asked in previous threads, but if you haven't, consider what your response will be if you ever are attacked by a pregnant mom. Beasts come in all shapes and sizes.

If what the officer did was within the acceptable force guidelines as the Police Department and D.A. claims he did nothing wrong legally. Instead of directing your anger at the officer why not direct it at those who made and enforce that policy?

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links