Minnesota police accused of giving out pot

This is a discussion on Minnesota police accused of giving out pot within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Minnesota police accused of giving out pot to watch behavior Minnesota police accused of giving out pot to watch behavior - Yahoo! News This isn't ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Spirit51
  • 1 Post By CanuckQue
  • 1 Post By barstoolguru

Thread: Minnesota police accused of giving out pot

Minnesota police accused of giving out pot to watch behavior

Minnesota police accused of giving out pot to watch behavior - Yahoo! News

This isn't new. In the early 80s our officers would gather at the local community college and give other officers a chance to try pot. "To find out first hand what the effects were to better deal with those on it." They had transportation to the college and back home. There were also "munchies" for them and they would discuss the feeling of it. They didn't use other drugs...just pot. Harmless research that we couldn't get in on.

They didn't use "civilians" for this though.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I attended 3 science seminars recently, on putative biochemical pathways involved in disease that could be affected by cannabis. Inevitably, people would ask questions about 'real world' data, and all the presenters had were anecdotes. This was mocking presented, because it's obvious we could be getting a lot of medical science done in this field if we could work with volunteers.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    There WILL be patents with this (simple) discovery. That, and "type III levers". It's untapped wealth, waiting for you who Google. Or your kids. People expanding on the potential are welcome to elucidate; I didn't phrase it well

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    I attended 3 science seminars recently, on putative biochemical pathways involved in disease that could be affected by cannabis. Inevitably, people would ask questions about 'real world' data, and all the presenters had were anecdotes. This was mocking presented, because it's obvious we could be getting a lot of medical science done in this field if we could work with volunteers.
    I have to agree. I know several people with chronic pain that feels that the effects of cannabis makes it much easier to be active and mobile. Much safer than the constant use of prescription "pain killers". I think there is a place in medical treatment for it.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Do as I say not as I do.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Do they need any more volunteers?... sorry test subjects
    Spirit51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Do they need any more volunteers?... sorry test subjects
    Yeah. Your name goes under mine.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

I think it's a fine idea... schedule that immediately following the taser training. Probably beat the heck out of Tylenol.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Sponsored Links