Local Soldier Killed in Afghanistan

This is a discussion on Local Soldier Killed in Afghanistan within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just wanted to post this and vent. A local Soldier killed in Afghanistan will have his funeral today. Kentucky mourns loss of Pfc. Dustin D. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By accessbob

Thread: Local Soldier Killed in Afghanistan

Just wanted to post this and vent. A local Soldier killed in Afghanistan will have his funeral today.

Kentucky mourns loss of Pfc. Dustin D. Gross, killed in Afghanistan [Opinion: The Arena] | Louisville.com

Too young. But the vent is about who will also be there--Members of the Westboro Baptist Church from Kansas will be on hand to protest. I'm not going, because if I did I may end up in jail. I know several people from Mt. Sterling and was told that THIS funeral might not be a good place for the crazies to protest. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. so we'll see how it plays out.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

I'm extreemly intrested in how Westbro's 'visit' went for them.....?

Even more, my heart is heavy for thoses lives Pfc. Dustin Gross touched and celibrate his life and cry in his death...... a soliders death.
    Much to young...............
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

What a disrespectful way to honor a person; to protest at their funeral

We just buried one of our local Marines here this week too. It breaks my heart, my younger brother knew him.

The Patriot Guard Riders had a strong showing for him as well.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I haven't heard a report yet on how things went. It is sad for everyone involved. The Patriot Guard riders have been to a few services here also. Great people.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

The Westboro Inbreds threaten to show up at every funeral service for fallen Vets,It's just a way to keep the dung pot stirred,I do patriot guard rides and haven't seen them show up ever down here in South Tx....bad things happen down here all the time
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well all was quiet, thankfully. I was told that there were more than 100 Patriot Guard Riders!! Local news did not mention the Westboro crazies!!
    SOLD my guns.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    The Westboro Inbreds threaten to show up at every funeral service for fallen Vets,
    Makes me livid as a Christian because they are not doing what they should be doing which is showing compassion and loving people. Instead they are doing what others in history have done which is to bring shame upon the name of whom they claim to serve and yet do not follow in his ways. I really, really, really get steamed whenever I hear about them doing this stuff (I'd use a harsher word but it doesn't belong in these forums).
    8th ID and pfries like this.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Mt.sterling

I was so mad! I was a senior when they brought him home. We hadn't seen him in forever and when you wake up to find out that he wont be back it kills something inside you. Westboro could have been killed. I wanted nothing more than to punch someone in the face just hearing them. Everyone was pissed off and in an up roar, they were there for his body being returned, for the funeral. It was horrible. I never was so mad in my life.

VIP Member
    The death of that young soldier is just heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for his family and so sorry for the loss of a precious life.

The Westboro group is beyond despicable. Good that they weren't mentioned in the news, they feed off of that. If there never got a word of press again, they would go away.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Re: Local Soldier Killed in Afghanistan

Arkansas is flying flags half mast today for the one that was from here.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Sponsored Links