Where has your gun been???

This is a discussion on Where has your gun been??? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, the other night, while listening to Trace Atkins in concert, I started thinking...."where have my guns been?" The question is where have you been ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where has your gun been???

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar

Well, the other night, while listening to Trace Atkins in concert, I started thinking...."where have my guns been?"

The question is where have you been and what have you done with your gun?

Here's my examples so everyone gets it....

Bersa Thunder .380:

Idaho, California, Nevada, Utah, Oklahoma, Colorado, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona are the states. Dentist's office, college (shouldn't have been), fairs, gun shows, church, and pretty much all routine stuff.

Ruger SP 101:

France, I assume, because it belonged to the French Police, the Trace Atkins concert, Idaho, Utah, fair, and the routine stuff.

Now, mine aren't all that interesting, but I'll be that some of your guns could tell some pretty good tales it they could talk, so....

Where have your guns been????
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Many (most) of my guns are ones that have been in other's possession one time or another - so no idea the tales they might tell.

My own from new - well carry 226 has a boring resume - never yet been out of PA!!! My SW99 has travelled from PA, via DC to Denver CO and then Tulsa Ok - and back again.

Oh and I forgot - three years ago - had a boatload of stuff with me on a multi state trip - MD, WV, KY, TN, AR, TX, NM, CO, KS, MO, IL, IN, and OH then home.!! Not sure all that went - SBH, SRH, S&W revo's, Ruger semi's - oh heck - way too many!!! Had some shootin to do at odd places en route!

Otherwise - a very marked lack of interest to report
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Can't tell ya where they were before me, but in my company they have been to: CA, AZ, NM, TX, UT, NV, OR, WA, CO, WY, MT and of course ID
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I've always wondered that about my old Speed Six. From the looks of it, probably somebody's carry gun for years.

My Sig also has signifigant holster wear, and was manufactured IIRC in 1991.

With me, they both have been to school (college campus carry legal here, YAY!), and REI (those granola eaters would probably pitch a fit of they knew, but no sign and they sell great stuff... but you should have seen the look on the face of the customer who opened the dressingroom door while I was changing... oops! I assume he was looking at my gun...).

The Sig has been to Wyoming, South Dakota, Mt Rushmore (had to leave in truck ), New Mexico, Oklahoma panhandle, North Texas... and ALL OVER freakin' Colorado.

Oh, if you're ever in South Dakota, skip Mt Rushmore and spend your time at Custer State Park in the Black Hills. AWESOME herd of buffalo, CCW is legal, and it's really just a beautiful place.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; September 10th, 2006 at 02:05 AM.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

The one gun I have I'd love to hear the story of is the 1871/1888 Beaumont Vitali Nancy bought me last year. All of the serial numbers match. It was produced in 1887.

Issued to the Dutch Army, the Homeguard, and the Dutch Foreign troops and East Indies Legions, it can still be found in use today.

Nancy got it for me in Cripple Creek, Colorado from a private collector. How it ended up in Cripple Creek is beyond my imagination.....It probably had a pretty full life................

The Beaumont is a turning bolt action rifle who's major distinctive feature is the arrangement of the mainspring which is housed inside the large, hollow, bulbous two-piece bolt handle. The rifle was designed by a Dutch engineer from Maastricht, from whom it got its name.

The Dutch Beaumont Vitali is substantially the 1871 Beaumont converted into a repeater via the Italian designed Vitali 4 round box magazine system. The conversions began in 1888, two years after the appearance of the 1886 French Lebel (the first of the smokeless powder infantry rifles) and were applied to all of the Regular Dutch army rifles, though the rifles in service in the Dutch East Indies and for Home Guard were not all converted.

Other than that, all of my real guns are boring - just been with me............
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; September 10th, 2006 at 03:21 PM.

Pennsylvania - all of them. (I dont leave the state much.)

Garland, NC (About 25 miles east of Fayetteville)
    I have a 7.7mm Arisaka Type 99 rifle and (2) 8mm nambu Taisho type 14 pistols, my grandfather "captured" in WWII. The rifle and one of the nambus were able to be completely restored, and can be (and are) still fired today.

My GF also captured an Officer's sword and flag. I will have to find the article, but many years ago my GF let the Smithsonian "borrow" the flag for an exhibit. This flag is unique, because it bears the names and "city state" of POWs and others freed by my GF's group.

He was a quartermaster and also the only one in his group that could "type" so he was tasked with keeping records. When they liberated a POW camp he had to get a record of everyone there, at this time he was out of paper, so he took a flag found on a dead officer and had all the members of his group sign in the red center, and all the POWs sign the outer white area. The flag also has Kanji written on it, but because no one could read it, they had the flag up side down when they wrote their names on it. It turned out the Kanji was a message of "good luck, and a sort of blessing" for the soldier from his family.

Needless to say, if they could talk, imagine the stories they would tell.

I will try to get some pictures posted soon.
    "Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud..."
    -Jeff Cooper, "The Art of the Rifle"

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I sure wish my 1926 .455 Enfield Mk VI revolver could talk as I am sure it's been around as has my Lee Enfield .303

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    The only gun I think of as probably having an interesting history is my M1 Garand. Just think of the places it might have been, the events it had a hand in, the lives it took and saved.

My Kibber Custom 2 carry:
    Pennsylvania,Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois, New Maxico, Oklahoma, Arizona, Tennesee, Maryland, Kansas. Missouri, probably a few I forgot.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    The serial # on my Yugo SKS traces back to 1969. And all the #'s match. I looks like it was in some previous service, too. I would LOVE to know its history. A buddy of mine asked if the gun had any blood on it.... I laughed at the time until I considered where it was from and the years it may have been there.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79 View Post
    I keep hearing that guns kill, so apparently the little ******** have been sneaking out at night.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    JT -- lmao

I'm sure a couple of the weapons that my granddad brought back from Manila could tell some stories. Of course the better stories would be the guns that were passed down to me when my granddad died. I'm sure they saw many an evening by the campfire while my granddad and his buddies conversed about the day's hunting.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    I keep hearing that guns kill, so apparently the little ******** have been sneaking out at night.
    LMAO!!!!!!

Bad gun, you're grounded.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

My Glock19 has been around.
    I drove from N.Y.S. to F.L. Its also spent some time in G.A., S.C., N.C., V.A.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links