Washington DC no gun law in action

This is a discussion on Washington DC no gun law in action within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not sure a handgun would have made a difference but just maybe it would have. "It began as a gallant gesture. An off-the-clock bartender offered ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By Mike1956
  • 6 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 5 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Washington DC no gun law in action

Washington DC no gun law in action

Not sure a handgun would have made a difference but just maybe it would have.

"It began as a gallant gesture. An off-the-clock bartender offered to walk a female patron home. But the night would lead to a punctured lung, two surgeries and medical bills that could go as high as $100,000."
    Full Story
    D.C. Bartender Stabbed While Walking Patron Home Faces Staggering Medical Bill - Careers Articles
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    In a city where criminals can rest assured that their victims aren't legally armed, that lack defensive weapons makes all the difference. They can rob, stab, rape, beat and shoot with relative impunity.
    Richard58 and Spirit51 like this.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

As "civilized" as humans become, there are those in positions of power who just don't get the fact that laws do not deter crime, period. Only actions and ability do that.

Enacting laws to disarm citizens and remove their right to posses and yes, carry a firearm will always result in actions such as this because.............

Criminals do not obey laws!

Making it difficult to possess weapons to protect from and fend off the attackers simply does not work no matter how much the utopian thinkers wish it to be. Yet, they keep trying with the thinking that if weapons are kept out of the hands of people, then they won't ever be used to commit violence. That is a statement in mental illness if there ever was one.
    MleeC, Richard58, HotGuns and 3 others like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member
    Jojogunn u put it exactly how it needs to be said...perfect statement..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

I'm sorry to say but It won't make a difference untill some one close to the gun grabbers becomes a victim. Shame on them..
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

The law makers need to strive for Crime Control not Gun Control
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Here's the problem...

"As for the robber, WUSA reports that he was caught by D.C. Metro Police, who were aided in the capture after the suspect dropped his I.D. -- and parole papers -- at the crime scene."

Repeat offenders need only to become dead offenders...if I can quote Uncle Ted.

Call me heartless and cruel...OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Call me heartless and cruel...
    You, ret, are heartless and cruel......

Also, you and Uncle Ted are right.......
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I respect his gallantry. I hope all his medical bills are paid. I wish more folks would act as their brother's keeper (or sister's).

The world seems to be dividing. Into two types of people. The good and the bad. I don't think it will be long, now. The lines are becoming clearer. The divisions more stark.

I don't think we're at the tipping point yet. But it sure seems closer.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Don't fool yourself into thinking that politicians actually believe in gun control. The topic is a political tool for them, nothing more and nothing less. It's the people (constituents and voters) who respond positively to gun control that are the fools who give gun control its political value.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Links