Man who fathered 30 kids says he needs a break—on child support - Page 2

Man who fathered 30 kids says he needs a break—on child support

This is a discussion on Man who fathered 30 kids says he needs a break—on child support within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by GunGeezer The point at which we say "no more" is when more than half of the population is on some sort of ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Man who fathered 30 kids says he needs a break—on child support

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    The point at which we say "no more" is when more than half of the population is on some sort of public assistance. I am heartily sick of seeing my tax money go to support scum-sucking bottom feeders who work the system rather than work. One welfare baby could be an accident. More than one, you have to agree to our terms to get aid: 1. Mandatory sterilization of mother and father,period!2. Mandatory drug testing every month before check is mailed, period!3. Must live in a 2-parent household, period! 4. No cigarettes or alcohol, period! No exceptions! You don't like it, tough!
    Wow. That doesn't seem to be the best ideas to me.....Something about that whole "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness" thing.

The real reality is that we just don't need to pay them, period. We don't need all kinds of new rules.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

A microcosim of what the present administration wants for the whole country. Total dependency,total control.NOGUNS.
    MleeC and Spirit51 like this.

We aren't dealing with brain trusts here.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    They had a film in Basic Training that warned us about those kind of women
    Probably the same one I saw in Basic. Of course by the time we saw it, we'd have been happy to see any kind of woman!
    goldshellback likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Why am I busting my butt for?
    Im with you brotha, Why........
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Oh I would love to do my part to help......
    No damn man kills me and lives.
    Nathan Bedford Forrest

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I find it laughable that some of you want to enact rules to limit this type of behavior. The problem isn't the behavior, it's that our Government feel compelled to pay for it. There should be a cap on spending in these type of situations, not a law against being stupid. I think that cap should be the number of kids you have when you enroll for help, after that there is no more money. If you keep popping out kids then it's on you.

I recognize that there are situations where a person (particularly a mom) gets dropped by a deadbeat and the mom/kids need help. There should be help for those kinds of situations (I'm not sure it should come from the Federal Government but that's for a different thread).

The problem comes when there is no limit to the funds. When uncontrolled behaviors and "poor decisions" get you rewarded with a bigger check. Sooner or later there has to be a point at which we say no more.
    Dude, I came up with that idea when I was in 7th grade in a Lutheran school. In the late 60s, that went over like a lead balloon.
    My idea, first kid being paid for by the government...ok....one mistake doesn't make a life style. Still working with the person to be able to go off welfare and pay for the kid themselves making a time limit on support. Second (and more) kid...the person pays for themselves. Sounded good to me then....sounds good to me now. Look where we are now....it is much much worse.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I'm not in favor of punishing children for the sins of the parents which is basically what restricting government support based on the number of children will do. Whether the government should even be in the business of providing support of this kind is a whole different argument. It wasn't until Lyndon Johnson and his "Great Society" that an individual became able to "make a living" without working in this country.

I am in favor of locking up this piece of garbage for failure to pay child support. It will stop his breeding while he's in jail (hopefully for thirty or forty years) and send a message to all the other young studs out there who want to see if they can beat his record.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I'm not in favor of punishing children for the sins of the parents which is basically what restricting government support based on the number of children will do. Whether the government should even be in the business of providing support of this kind is a whole different argument. It wasn't until Lyndon Johnson and his "Great Society" that an individual became able to "make a living" without working in this country.

I am in favor of locking up this piece of garbage for failure to pay child support. It will stop his breeding while he's in jail (hopefully for thirty or forty years) and send a message to all the other young studs out there who want to see if they can beat his record.
    Nobody is being punished friend. Life is tough and it's certainly not fair. Some people get dealt better cards to start and that's all there is to it.

Live or die, it's not the Federal Governments job to support any of us and they are not punishing children if they don't keep paying. It's that kind of mindset that has built our debt.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Might as well help him, our government sends billions to other countries....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

a know a guy in Houston that got a 9mm vasectomy trying to rob a liquor store.......maybe we should look up that liquor store clerk and see if he is for hire.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

However, the 33-year-old says that his minimum wage job doesn’t make him enough to pay all of his child support payments and personal living expenses.

Reportedly one mother receives just $1.49 a month in child support payments.

An inability to make child support payments has landed Hatchett both behind bars and in court, including his most recent trip.

A Knox County child support official told HLN "Yes, we've got several cases with Mr. Hatchett" and added that it's not against any law for him to continue having children but "it definitely needs to be."
    Wow

You can't fix stupid but you can sterilize it.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Nobody is being punished friend. Life is tough and it's certainly not fair. Some people get dealt better cards to start and that's all there is to it.

Live or die, it's not the Federal Governments job to support any of us and they are not punishing children if they don't keep paying. It's that kind of mindset that has built our debt.
    Like I said, whether or not the government should even be in the business of providing this kind of support is a whole different argument. I would just as soon the government get out of the welfare business. The programs have a lot of abuse and breed an entitlement society that thinks the government owes them a living.
    atctimmy and Spirit51 like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

There is going to be a point in this country where tough choices will have to be made. The longer it goes...the harder it will be. I learned about it in Urban Sociology. When you start giving people things...they get mean when it stops. If you had never given it to them...they wouldn't expect it. Our country made the mistake of giving it to them in the first place. You have to hold the women who have these kids as responsible as the men who "hit and run".
    atctimmy likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

That's how u train dogs to act out by giving them treats. It is a learned action caused by handouts.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links