HHS Spending Your Money On "Educating" You

This is a discussion on HHS Spending Your Money On "Educating" You within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; HHS Hires PR Firm For $20 Million Public Education Campaign About Obamacare | ThinkProgress The Dept of Health and Human Services is spending $20 million ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: HHS Spending Your Money On "Educating" You

HHS Hires PR Firm For $20 Million Public Education Campaign About Obamacare | ThinkProgress

The Dept of Health and Human Services is spending $20 million to hire a PR firm to "educate" the public about Obamacare.

So let me get this straight: you pass a bill which will take billions of dollars out of Americans' pockets, and then spend money taken out of Americans' pockets to educate them about why the bill is good.

This is ridiculous.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Yes.

And Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    This is ridiculous.
    Nope... this here's the new 'Merica... we so busy clingin' to stuff likeyouknow guns and religion and stuff...we needs to be edumicated on why this bummercare is so good... Sheesh! don't you know nuttin'?
    packinnova likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I realize this is the off topic section, but is this really a topic to discuss on DC? I just see this going off into the weeds and getting closed as soon as someone disagrees with a certain party line about health care reform.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Hopyard likes this.

So are they going to get any of that PR money back if/when SCOTUS finds it to be unconstitutional?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I think that money would be better spent sending our current administration to a months long class focused on the Constitution.
    msgt/ret and Spirit51 like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Too many people have no insurance, no way to get it, and die as a result, or suffer extensively as a result.
    If your political ideology has no solution for that problem (and so far those who have posted a party line position have never proposed a solution) then at least be quiet when others try to fix things.

I agree with Noway that this doesn't belong on DC, but since its here, lets be truthful. You got Romney care complete with his
    MA mandates. It works. Instead of complaining, have some compassion for the many who can't get insurance through their
    employers and can't get it in the existing private market place.

In the Congressional District where I live 50% of working adults do not get health insurance from their employer and most
    can't get access to the private market.

Added a moment later__ Oh, you don't like the mandate. Government can't force you to buy broccoli. Well, no one here complained about this:

KENNESAW, Ga - Several Kennesaw officials attribute a drop in crime in the city over the past two decades to a law that requires residents to have a gun in the house.

"In 1982, the Kennesaw City Council unanimously passed a law requiring heads of households to own at least one firearm with ammunition. "
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Too many people have no insurance, no way to get it, and die as a result, or suffer extensively as a result.
    If your political ideology has no solution for that problem (and so far those who have posted a party line position have never proposed a solution) then at least be quiet when others try to fix things.

I agree with Noway that this doesn't belong on DC, but since its here, lets be truthful. You got Romney care complete with his
    MA mandates. It works. Instead of complaining, have some compassion for the many who can't get insurance through their

In the Congressional District where I live 50% of working adults do not get health insurance from their employer and most

Added a moment later__ Oh, you don't like the mandate. Government can't force you to buy broccoli. Well, no one here complained about this:

KENNESAW, Ga - Several Kennesaw officials attribute a drop in crime in the city over the past two decades to a law that requires residents to have a gun in the house.

"In 1982, the Kennesaw City Council unanimously passed a law requiring heads of households to own at least one firearm with ammunition. "
    I have a suggestion. Leave us the hell alone. Keep out of our bedrooms and our of our pockets. Then maybe, I can afford to by insurance. If big brother wasnt so big, we could get on with things. I understand how simple it sounds, but it would work. On a side note, cute all the entitlement crap. Im am so tired of people that do not work, living as well as I. Yes I said it....
    Spirit51, msgt/ret and atctimmy like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

How many people do you know from MA if I may ask? Most of my family lives there and have different backgrounds from retired school teachers to school teachers to small business owners to college students and they think that Romney care sucks. I wager I know 100 times more folks than you of varying backgrounds that feel the same way.

Huh, weird. The Canadian healthcare system is truckloads cheaper, and I don't think we spend much money 'teaching' people how to use it, either.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    How many people do you know from MA if I may ask? Most of my family lives there and have different backgrounds from retired school teachers to school teachers to small business owners to college students and they think that Romney care sucks. I wager I know 100 times more folks than you of varying backgrounds that feel the same way.
    Just for the record, my Niece and Grand Niece.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Just for the record, my Niece and Grand Niece.
    Is that your polling data? I forgot to add the only relatives I know that like Romney care is one niece who is going nowhere in life and is living with a guy that has fathered 3 kids out of wedlock. They are about 26 yrs old. I have another niece that got pregnant at 17 and is now working the system for every dollar she can get from it and has said it is easier for her not to work than it is too get a job.

What is the number of people who die every year because they don't have health insurance? I'd like to see some statistics on that.

That's why I posted it in the "Off Topic" section. Mods, if this is too off topic, my apologies.

I have no problem with Romneycare, (despite my serious misgivings about Romney). If Massachusetts wants to pass a health care mandate, that's up to Massachusetts. I think it's stupid, but it's their prerogative. The Tenth Amendment states, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." Ergo, Mass can do whatever they want.

Why can't they get access? It is either because a private market doesn't exist (because government practically has a monopoly, or soon will), or because it is too expensive (because the consumers of health care don't pay the actual costs of healthcare--a situation that Obabmacare doesn't even address).

Again, I have no problem with this because it has nothing to do with any branch of the Federal Government. The good people of Kennesaw, Georgia can mandate their citizens eat only bananas on the third Sunday of every month for all I care. It would be more Constitutional than Obamacare.

My real problem with the $20 million that HHS is spending on propaganda is that it is nothing more than taxpayer-funded campaign contributions for Obama. I guess it's only wrong if he uses it to hide his mistress.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Hopyard,
    The ordinance in Kennesaw allowed those with religious objections to the law to be exempt.
    And it is a local ordinance. No federal involvement.
    Romneycare could be word for word identical to obamacare and I would have no objection to it.
    It is a state law. Not a federal law. That was decided by the people of Massachusetts for themselves. If someone does not like it they can campaign to overturn it or move to Connecticut. If someone in Connecticut wants it but can't get it passed they can move to Massachusetts. They have that choice. If you feel so strongly about it you can start a drive in Austin to get a similar program in Texas.
    It is not something the federal government should be meddling in and I expect in a few weeks we are voing to hear a majority opinion saying something to that effect.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

How is this different from Bush spending millions of dollars to send us a letter saying we were going to get a refund/ stimulus check from the gov.?
    Politics... it's not about what's right for the country, but about getting re-elected.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links