Embarrassing moment for one of our clients!

This is a discussion on Embarrassing moment for one of our clients! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Hopyard No, but I can't lose my mansion from the kid having some liquor unless he gives it to friends. I've stated ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Embarrassing moment for one of our clients!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    No, but I can't lose my mansion from the kid having some liquor unless he gives it to friends.

I've stated here many times that personally I would be very libertarian about the drug issues, but the problem in that house has nothing to do with drugs, really. It has to do with a disrespectful thoughtless teenage twit who needs to be taught
    that dad is KING of that house.

Uh, how old was that kid-- 16 going on 17? (Can't recall from the OP). If I can't pack him off to boarding school I'd buy a GIANT
    SIZE calendar. I'd count off the number of days till he turns 18. I'd buy another GIANT SIZE calendar; one going forward however many days from his 18th birthday. I'd get big red crayon.

I'd sit the kid down and show him the calendars. And I'd inform him that every time he screws up by my standards, I'm going to mark off one of those days, and that when he runs out of dates without marks on them and is 18 ---- there is a door at the front of the house and his mom will have the suitcase packed.

I also like the idea of removing the door from his room. A little creative humiliation would reassert in whose home he is living.
    Come on, let's be realistic, 3 plants would not end up with anyone loosing their house. In fact most states would view that small amount as a misdemeanor. If it were a grow house with the attic full that would be a different story.

However, if he had some liquor in the attic that he was sharing (maybe from your liquor cabinet)with some under age friends and one of them had a serious accident you'd have much more serious problems then.

Either way I agree it's not good behavior and should be dealt with but it's really not as serious as some seem to imagine it.
    suntzu likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    And the lesson is to exile the kid from the kingdom? A lot of mythology and folk lore I have read the returning exiled person has an attitude, started an army, and conquered the kings castle.
    Not this kings castle!
    That's why they call it "mythology and folk lore".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Come on, let's be realistic, 3 plants would not end up with anyone loosing their house. .
    And next week it will be 12 plants? Or what else is in the house you don't know about?

It is a kid who is deliberately doing wrong. Dad has to put a stop to it.

Your home and your kid aren't the place for your kid to be engaged in any illegal act, period. No exceptions. When caught
    there have to be consequences commensurate with what was done.

What was done here was much more than growing 3 plants. It was sneaky and surreptitious (is that redundant). It was calculating and utterly without regard for the integrity of the family and without regard or respect for the parents. Its not about drugs, its about
    behavior and attitude. BMW and BMW spoiled BRAT. That's what its about.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    Isn't this a bit hypocritical?
    Maybe, maybe not. The first statement I am referring to a disrespectful attitude many kids, and some adults, exhibit today, a general disregard for your fellow human being which many on this forum have commented about. However, I didn't intend to imply that this applied to everyone in our society, because it doesn't.

Stating that no one in this country "parents" anymore is stretching things a bit IMO. My co-workers kids (who I have known all their lives) always address me with with respect. My brothers kids are the same. There are parents out there passing along the respect for elders (and society) that our parents taught to us, and sadly many aren't passing on good values, mainly I suspect because they weren't taught these values themselves.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

He should publicly shoot the kids BMW. That'll teach him.

I doubt it would ever get to that point in my home. But if it did I'd send word to school that I was coming, and hell was coming with me. It would be a life changing experience. I don't need someone else to manipulate my child into obeying. I did it for nearly 6 years in one of those boarding schools, in SC. I'll play nice generally, but I play to win. If it's not that serious, then I don't worry much about it. But if I feel that it's a battle I need to win, I play to win. Period. But we have engrained that in our kids from a young age. That's a lot easier than doing it when they are older.

I hope the dad takes care of it swiftly and as uncomfortably as possible.
    DontTreadOnI and JDE101 like this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by mascariot View Post
    big deal
    Wow! JFYI, growing dope in you dads attic (is a big deal), a very big deal; for you to think it's not says a lot about you..
    MrBuckwheat and Hopyard like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    When I was a kid in the 60's, apparently my parents could read my mind.
    shooterX and Hopyard like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    When I was a kid in the 60's, apparently my parents could read my mind.
    Same here, mainly because my Dad was so young when I was born (18 years old-mom was 16) that he could remember all the stuff he tried to pull, so my brother and I never stood a chance, so to speak!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    He should publicly shoot the kids BMW. That'll teach him.

I doubt it would ever get to that point in my home. But if it did I'd send word to school that I was coming, and hell was coming with me. It would be a life changing experience. I don't need someone else to manipulate my child into obeying. I did it for nearly 6 years in one of those boarding schools, in SC. I'll play nice generally, but I play to win. If it's not that serious, then I don't worry much about it. But if I feel that it's a battle I need to win, I play to win. Period. But we have engrained that in our kids from a young age. That's a lot easier than doing it when they are older.

I hope the dad takes care of it swiftly and as uncomfortably as possible.
    I beleive those boarding schools in SC are military boarding schools. I could agree with the boarding school thing if it was indeed a military school and not one of those rich kid get-aways.
    varob likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Would you react in the same way if it was three bottles of liquor or a couple of cases of beer?
    Hmm. Does the law differentiate between growing marijuana and possessing a bottle of liquor? Is one, perhaps, a felony?
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    only part that warrants attention is that 'the system' is designed to take from those who have it. busted for a renter or someone in debt over their head, well....social services steps in and showers the family with corrective measures ( paid for by the taxpayers, of course). but have a home and $$ and the Drug Factory will cost daddy 10's of thousands of dollars -- up to having the house taken as fruits of the illegal monies generated from the sales of the drugs.
    so the system gets feed

flip the coin and something like 17 states have legalized pot.

hope he lives in one of them.

and Hop, we agree but for sending him to boarding school. his behavior should not be rewarded.
    by-by bmw, hello what ever he can afford. and insurance is on him also. as are prop taxes and repairs.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    It is because weather people agree or disagree with it, it's against the law and can get you and those associated in very big trouble.
    It can, if you're a careless twit. If not, it can also bring you years of pleasant experience! Speaking from experience, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    It can, if you're a careless twit. If not, it can also bring you years of pleasant experience! Speaking from experience, of course.
    Lotus222 and shooterX like this.

He must be on one of those states, lol.
    lyz_grace likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    I recognize the humor in your post, and respectfully choose to disagree. If you have a problem with a law, get actively involved to get it changed. Until then, you're a criminal for breaking it.
    shooterX likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links