Embarrassing moment for one of our clients! - Page 4

Embarrassing moment for one of our clients!

This is a discussion on Embarrassing moment for one of our clients! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Lotus222 He must be on one of those states, lol. Sorry, emoticons are all I can muster....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Embarrassing moment for one of our clients!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    He must be on one of those states, lol.

Sorry, emoticons are all I can muster.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    I beleive those boarding schools in SC are military boarding schools. I could agree with the boarding school thing if it was indeed a military school and not one of those rich kid get-aways.
    Absolutely, No rich kid boarding schools for this disrespectful brat. Send his butt to military school where he can learn some discipline and respect for others.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I would not send the kid to boarding school. I'd just ground the punk, take away the cell phone, TV, video games, etc. And, I wouldn't have bought him a BMW in the first place! Sorry, I'm old school--had to work to buy my first car and pay for my insurance myself. And it sure as H E Double Hockey Pucks wasn't a BMW or anything near like one! It was a beat up '41 Ford sedan that didn't even run. I had to fix it myself with the help of a couple of buddies. And I didn't buy new cars for any of my kids either. One of the biggest problems of many of the youth of today is that they expect someone to give them everything! Everything comes easy to them, there are no losers, everybody is a winner and gets a trophy! Then they can't deal with it when adversity hits them between the eyes! Just my .02.
    shooterX and WHEC724 like this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Hmm. Does the law differentiate between growing marijuana and possessing a bottle of liquor? Is one, perhaps, a felony?
    NO! Three plants would not be a felony. (12 plants yes but that is NOT what he had) Speculating that he'll have twelve plants soon is the same as finding liquor and suggesting he is soon to have an alcohol still. Let's not speculate and look at reality.

For some reason it appears that many people here wouldn't be so concerned if they found liquor in the attic but their freaking out about 3 plants. The legal penalties would be about equal. However, it appears the parental punishment would be far worse for the 3 marijuana plants than the liquor when in reality the liquor could cause far bigger problems for the parents.

Reality is...they could get high on the weed but they could get drunk on the liquor which is a far more dangerous situation. But this doesn't seem to be a concern to anyone and no one really answers my question...would you give him the same severe punishment for having liquor???

The over reactions I'm reading here remind me of the movie 'Refer Madness'. "It's three plants now but then it will be twelve plants and in no time the entire house will be a grow house. Yikes"!!! Then, maybe if he smokes a joint, he'll turn into a werewolf and jump out a 10 story window.
    suntzu likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

This thread sure did generate more of a discussion than I thought it would!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. The first statement I am referring to a disrespectful attitude many kids, and some adults, exhibit today, a general disregard for your fellow human being which many on this forum have commented about. However, I didn't intend to imply that this applied to everyone in our society, because it doesn't.

Stating that no one in this country "parents" anymore is stretching things a bit IMO. My co-workers kids (who I have known all their lives) always address me with with respect. My brothers kids are the same. There are parents out there passing along the respect for elders (and society) that our parents taught to us, and sadly many aren't passing on good values, mainly I suspect because they weren't taught these values themselves.
    There have always been disrespectful kids, for as long as there have been kids. Imagining that children in any previous generation were any more polite, less likely to get into trouble, or better people is "painting them with a broad brush." It is only the nostalgia that comes with age that makes one believe that this younger generation is worse than the last.

Frankly, I don't understand the idea of "respecting one's elders." It implies no responsibility to "respect one's youngers." As if one's failure to shuffle off this mortal coil is, in itself, worthy of respect. Age is not necessarily a good yardstick by which to measure wisdom. Respect ought to be earned--no matter your age.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    I beleive those boarding schools in SC are military boarding schools. I could agree with the boarding school thing if it was indeed a military school and not one of those rich kid get-aways.
    Not all of them. I started off in the Wilderness Program of a state run facility, them moved to campus after it closed. I believe the wilderness program is back open. That would be an eye opener for our clandestine horticulturist. There are a lot of schools for at risk kids scattered over SC. I dealt with several of them. Either getting kids from them, or taking kids to them. Heck, there is one tucked away in Greenville that was darn near frightening. Highly recommended but they took very high risk kids only. There was a 12' wall around the place, solid; and they took your clothes and gave you everything you needed before you went through the locked door. Tough guy I dropped off there looked kind of queasy when I left.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    I agree, Sig. Society has trained us to be this way. I'm probably wanting to settle down and have kids within the next 3-5 years. I can only hope that my state (and the country) decriminalized the stuff a reasonable degree by the time he/she is of age to have to deal with it in any fashion.
    Sig35seven likes this.

Lets put this in perspective OK. This is kinda what the kid had:
    Afgooey_marijuana_plant_photo-3.JPG Not so bad... definitively an issue his folks need to address...

Now this is what some folks seem to make it out to be:
    marijuana-hydroponics.jpg

And some seem to think that this is much more acceptable to find:
    Whisky-oldcoursehotel.jpg
    Sig35seven likes this.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Picture 1 can quickly turn into picture 2 if behavior is not corrected, he's already driving a Beamer :p

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Picture 1 can quickly turn into picture 2 if behavior is not corrected, he's already driving a Beamer :p
    I said it needed to be addressed. Packing your kid off to boarding school is stupid from the facts we have on hand. I hid booze in my room when I was a kid and it didn't make my parents bad parents. And yeah, I got caught. They didn't ship me off somewhere.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I need to start using smileys I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Driving BMW's lead to that!!! Yikes! I did know that.

Picture three can quickly lead to this...

alcoholism.jpg
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Driving BMW's lead to that!!! Yikes! I did know that.

Picture three can quickly lead to this...

alcoholism.jpg
    And the problem is...?
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    NO! Three plants would not be a felony. (12 plants yes but that is NOT what he had) Speculating that he'll have twelve plants soon is the same as finding liquor and suggesting he is soon to have an alcohol still. Let's not speculate and look at reality.

For some reason it appears that many people here wouldn't be so concerned if they found liquor in the attic but their freaking out about 3 plants. The legal penalties would be about equal. However, it appears the parental punishment would be far worse for the 3 marijuana plants than the liquor when in reality the liquor could cause far bigger problems for the parents.

Reality is...they could get high on the weed but they could get drunk on the liquor which is a far more dangerous situation. But this doesn't seem to be a concern to anyone and no one really answers my question...would you give him the same severe punishment for having liquor???

The over reactions I'm reading here remind me of the movie 'Refer Madness'. "It's three plants now but then it will be twelve plants and in no time the entire house will be a grow house. Yikes"!!! Then, maybe if he smokes a joint, he'll turn into a werewolf and jump out a 10 story window.
    I think you're reading a whole lot into my comment without any factual basis.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links