Embarrassing moment for one of our clients!

This is a discussion on Embarrassing moment for one of our clients! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My boss went to a client's house to discuss designing an addition/extra attic storage etc. They went into the sons room and opened a door ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Embarrassing moment for one of our clients!

VIP Member

Red face Embarrassing moment for one of our clients!

My boss went to a client's house to discuss designing an addition/extra attic storage etc. They went into the sons room and opened a door that went into the attic and discovered his "grow operation" hidden in the attic. Needless to say, the meeting promptly ended, as the Dad grabbed the 3 plants in the attic and destroyed them. On the way out, the client said to my boss, "Guess my son wont be driving his BMW to school for a while! My Dad would've done more than take my car away!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

2. Remove Ads

Smoking pot is one thing but cultivating they can take the house
    Hopyard likes this.

big deal

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Smoking pot is one thing but cultivating they can take the house
    Yep, and I think he's about 16 or 17

The reason the dad was upset was that HE had 12 plants up there and now there were only 3 left.
    shooterX, JoeK, FLGuy and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    My boss went to a client's house to discuss designing an addition/extra attic storage etc. They went into the sons room and opened a door that went into the attic and discovered his "grow operation" hidden in the attic. Needless to say, the meeting promptly ended, as the Dad grabbed the 3 plants in the attic and destroyed them. On the way out, the client said to my boss, "Guess my son wont be driving his BMW to school for a while! My Dad would've done more than take my car away!
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Yep, and I think he's about 16 or 17
    = the problem
    joker1, shooterX, WHEC724 and 6 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    = the problem
    I agree being a minor could put his parents in a very bad position. While this isn't really that funny, we did have a good chuckle.

VIP Member
    Attic entries should be kept locked. Aside from what happened here, they can provide easy entry to the house. E.g., If your
    attic entry is in a garage (outside the house), someone can get to the attic if you don't keep it locked. Less likely, but still possible, sometimes thieves can get into the attic from outside and work their way down into the house. If you give them an easy way they'll take it. (Otherwise they will cut your ceiling board and drop on in.) Either way, its still best to keep everything locked.

As for the kid, dad has bigger problems than he thinks or realizes. That kid has zero regard for his parents. Also, it is possible he was letting others grow up there, or growing for others,-- perhaps coerced or bullied into it.

I have no clue how I'd react if that was my kid. Maybe sell the BMW and pack the kid off to boarding school.
    shooterX and Rock and Glock like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mascariot View Post
    big deal
    It is because weather people agree or disagree with it, it's against the law and can get you and those associated in very big trouble.
    msgt/ret, Spirit51 and JDE101 like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    +1 Hopyard, this disrepect shown to his folks is enormous, and as many of us have stated, is a major problem in our society today!

The fact that the parents didn't know about it speaks volumes to me as well. My Dad always knew what was going on in his house, which is why I never got away with anything.
    Rock and Glock and Spirit51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Attic entries should be kept locked. Aside from what happened here, they can provide easy entry to the house. E.g., If your
    attic entry is in a garage (outside the house), someone can get to the attic if you don't keep it locked. Less likely, but still possible, sometimes thieves can get into the attic from outside and work their way down into the house. If you give them an easy way they'll take it. (Otherwise they will cut your ceiling board and drop on in.) Either way, its still best to keep everything locked.

As for the kid, dad has bigger problems than he thinks or realizes. That kid has zero regard for his parents. Also, it is possible he was letting others grow up there, or growing for others,-- perhaps coerced or bullied into it.

I have no clue how I'd react if that was my kid. Maybe sell the BMW and pack the kid off to boarding school.
    Now really Hop? Your not serious are you? For three little plants?

What if it had been a bottle of liqueur or a case of beer how would you react?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Now really Hop? Your not serious are you? For three little plants?

What if it had been a bottle of liqueur or a case of beer how would you react?
    I am 100% serious. And yes, for three little plants. The issue isn't the plants. The issue is the child's behavior.

Dad needs to figure out what is going on, who the kid is hanging with, what else he might be into, and get with
    a program to fix the problems before someone gets arrested, before the bad G friends show up at the house to do violence,
    before the cops get involved and take the house and the kid.

I realize the situation may vary from one state to another, but even if possessing 3 plants "isn't a big deal," sneaking them
    up in the attic without the dad or mom knowing about it IS a big deal. It says, BRAT. BMW says, spoiled BRAT.

Like I said, I'd sell the BMW and pack the kid off to boarding school.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I am 100% serious. And yes, for three little plants. The issue isn't the plants. The issue is the child's behavior.

Dad needs to figure out what is going on, who the kid is hanging with, what else he might be into, and get with
    a program to fix the problems before someone gets arrested, before the bad G friends show up at the house to do violence,
    before the cops get involved and take the house and the kid.

I realize the situation may vary from one state to another, but even if possessing 3 plants "isn't a big deal," sneaking them
    up in the attic without the dad or mom knowing about it IS a big deal. It says, BRAT. BMW says, spoiled BRAT.

Like I said, I'd sell the BMW and pack the kid off to boarding school.
    You obviously think that people actually "parent" still. Now you have to be BFFs and buddies to your children or they call Child Protective Services on ya and then you lose YOUR BMW.

Now we live in a time where common sense isn't and instead of training the child, we lower the standards.

We will get exactly what we put into our replacements.

Whoa, sorry for getting on the cynical bandwagon there but hey, it's the interweb and I'm entitled.

Hop if my ramblings confused things it all boils down to I agree with ya.
    Rock and Glock and Gunnutty like this.

VIP Member
    Well I do think many people do parent still, I know I do, and most of my family that have children do. Can't paint with such a broad brush stroke.

@Hop:Why on earth do you think that kids don't smoke pot, drink, or take drugs at a boarding school? I know many kids that go to boarding schools (almost sent my son to Phillips Exeter) and they booze it up and smoke pot like the rest of kids their age. Now, they are not under your roof. I think it is sad that a parent feels they can not discipline nor control their child and they feel the only recourse is to send them away.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links