I am finished extending common courtesy of the road to women

This is a discussion on I am finished extending common courtesy of the road to women within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; [RANT] I am finished extending common courtesy of the road to women; done, finished, no more, period!!!!!!! 3 days in row when trying to exit ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: I am finished extending common courtesy of the road to women

[RANT] I am finished extending common courtesy of the road to women; done, finished, no more, period!!!!!!!

3 days in row when trying to exit a convince store I go to the exit, traffic light to the right, I want to go left, so I go to the furthest exit, left turn signal on, traffic light red and a woman pulls right in front of me, looking straight ahead like she doesn't even know I exist and blocks me in. Now 9 out of 10 men would stop far enough back I could get out, 99 out of 100 women will do what these 3 did!!!

Just now was the last straw; we have right turn lanes that go behind the traffic light pole with a short merge lane so you don't even have a yield. My way had the green, the road split ahead and the major traffic flow goes right so right lane is full. A women comes onto the merge beside me, nobody to the left so I pull over and let her in, she is not quite up to speed, falls back a bit opening enough room so I can get back in, I turn on my right turn signal and she speeds up and shuts me off!!!!!!!!!

So; until just 1 woman extends me a common courtesy of the road I WILL NOT give a woman on the road a single inch, nothing, nadda, zilch!!!! I am even thinking about no longer holding doors, yielding to them at a door way etc, NOTHING!!! Till just a single woman extends a common courtesy to me; which may well be till **** FREEZES OVER!!!!![/RANT]
    Badey and NONAME762 like this.

good luck waiting for that!
    aznav and phreddy like this.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    One of the biggest things I could not stand about my last girlfriend was her driving. All she wanted to do was dance in the car with the music up and no hands on the wheel, swerving in and out of traffic...and you can forget about her giving people common courtesy on the road. She also liked to go 15 over the limit in the pouring rain, with the bald tires on her car, still dancing around. I even told her once, you're 22, get it together or you're going to kill someone someday. She played it down and acted like it wasn't a big deal. May be morbid, but there is a high probability of her dieing in a firey car crash someday.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    My girlfriend simply refuses to leave the seat up for me!!! Every time I go and pee, it splatters where I'll have to sit, later! Then I have to clean it off. It's so annoying.
    aznav, Dadsnugun and NONAME762 like this.

I find that men are just as bad as women myself. Especially young ones.
    Spirit51 and PatAz like this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

pms plate.jpg
    'Nuff said
    goldshellback and 357and40 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    [RANT] I am finished extending common courtesy of the road to women; done, finished, no more, period!!!!!!!

3 days in row when trying to exit a convince store I go to the exit, traffic light to the right, I want to go left, so I go to the furthest exit, left turn signal on, traffic light red and a woman pulls right in front of me, looking straight ahead like she doesn't even know I exist and blocks me in. Now 9 out of 10 men would stop far enough back I could get out, 99 out of 100 women will do what these 3 did!!!

Just now was the last straw; we have right turn lanes that go behind the traffic light pole with a short merge lane so you don't even have a yield. My way had the green, the road split ahead and the major traffic flow goes right so right lane is full. A women comes onto the merge beside me, nobody to the left so I pull over and let her in, she is not quite up to speed, falls back a bit opening enough room so I can get back in, I turn on my right turn signal and she speeds up and shuts me off!!!!!!!!!

So; until just 1 woman extends me a common courtesy of the road I WILL NOT give a woman on the road a single inch, nothing, nadda, zilch!!!! I am even thinking about no longer holding doors, yielding to them at a door way etc, NOTHING!!! Till just a single woman extends a common courtesy to me; which may well be till **** FREEZES OVER!!!!![/RANT]
    Take a deep breath and count to 10
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I think most people are oblivious to others when they drive.
    rolyat63, msgt/ret, darbo and 5 others like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I can't stand up for all women. I can only account for myself. I have had some women pull some crappy driving stunts on me too. I have men pull some crappy driving stunts on me also.

I try to be a courteous driver to everyone...irregardless of gender. I am sure there are other women out there like me. I hate to see us all labeled with the same stamp. Not warranted.

Here is my suggestion: If you would do it for a man...do it for a woman. If you would not do it for a man...don't do it for a woman. Stop looking at the gender and just look at the actions.

I am sure some guys have pissed you off with their driving. Do you say, "Those darn men...they are all the same". Just treat me like you would any other person and I will do the same for you. Thank you.

If you don't wish to open doors for women, then don't. I can open my own door and have opened doors for many men. They really appreciate it when their hands are full of packages, kids or are elderly. To me courtesy is not a one way street. I refuse to believe I am the only woman who feels this way. I have more faith in my fellow women.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    pms plate.jpg
    'Nuff said
    It isn't the PMS...it is her. This is just a excuse for her to be a Witch. (Take out the "W" and replace it with a "B" if you wish...works both ways.) I am sure she acts that way all month long. Women I have known who actually have this problem don't advertise and wish they didn't have it. Thank God I was not inflicted with it....just a mild case of the grumpiness and I sure wouldn't brag about it.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

It is times like this were a true gentleman gets defined.
    RMS likes this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

When Im mad at the world the only person that can settle me down is my wife. I look into her baby blue eyes, and it calms me. That being said. I Hate stupid drivers, but what can you do...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

you all need to get a drink and chill out... I have been a truck driver for 40+ years and seen it all, it never ends

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    you all need to get a drink and chill out... I have been a truck driver for 40+ years and seen it all, it never ends
    The voice of experience and wisdom.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

I absolutely despise people that do not have the ability to handle the vehicle they drive, and more so when its someone that thinks their urban battle tank is a freakin Porsche. People have attention spans that are measured in nanoseconds today.

I was stuck behind a woman yesterday for 12 minutes before she turned. She had numerous times to turn all with plenty of time. When she finally did turn she waited until the last second and fish-tailed out into the intersection as she slammed the gas peddle on her truck.

As stated before ,NANOSECONDS. Sometimes I wish they would require IQ and mental maturity test before they issued a driver's license.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links