What are you listening to?

This is a discussion on What are you listening to? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by BigJon10125 Those are two different questions. I am being forced to listen to some jerk bumping some crap in his little "racecar". ...

Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree641Likes

Thread: What are you listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Those are two different questions. I am being forced to listen to some jerk bumping some crap in his little "racecar". I prefer Pink Floyd, and most classic rock. If it is a party I need something faster to dance too.
    Don't you just hate that? A couple weeks ago I was at a stoplight and a thug in a car one lane over and three car lengths behind me was playing his music so loud it was physically painful to my ears.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I am so sorry!
    What is wrong with that song? I am into some reggae too. Not every gun owner is into country music or classic rock. And I am not into country music.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I am also down with old school rap. Not into new rap at all. And I played this as I was pumping iron.

"Pump Up The Volume"
    "Microphone Fiend"
    -Eric B and Rakim

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    lunch break, been reloading with a 6 pack of cd's....lee michaels, king crimson, greatful dead-dillon stadium '76, cream, blind faith & eddie brickell
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Originally Posted by BigJon10125 Those are two different questions. I am being forced to listen to some jerk bumping some crap in his little "racecar". I prefer Pink Floyd, and most classic rock. If it is a party I need something faster to dance too.
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Don't you just hate that? A couple weeks ago I was at a stoplight and a thug in a car one lane over and three car lengths behind me was playing his music so loud it was physically painful to my ears.
    When I'm listening to soul-crushing metal in my vehicle, I'll always turn the volume down a bit when in traffic at stoplights & stop signs. What I really don't like is a bass-heavy tune on a ridiculously powerful subwoofer - it's supposed to enhance the music, not take it (& the entire neighborhood) over!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

“Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

TheShadow, I like your choices, "old school" though they may seem these days.

My current tunes: a bit of cool piano/sax from Houston Person and Bill Charlap. Ahhhh.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    * * WARNING * *

The intro is a spoken word excerpt of mixed expletives, and the music itself is immensely heavy.

Gojira - Blow Me Away You(niverse) - YouTube
    Tell me it got better after the 23 seconds of cat puking I heard.

"The Rose"

atctimmy likes this.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

VIP Member
    One of my favs. It's a song about a blind man's sorrow that is so well done that it makes you glad to hear it.

Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

VIP Member
    Another fav. I was dating a girl named Gina Wall when this song came out. It was a great song....later she dumped me. The song is still great.

Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mixing it Up

Montley Crew - Kickstart My Heart Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue - YouTube
    AC/DC - Shook Me All Night Long
    Metallica - Whisky In a Jar
    George Jones - Choices
    Allan Jackson - Remember When
    Kenny Chesney - Young

and many more

Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Another fav. I was dating a girl named Gina Wall when this song came out. It was a great song....later she dumped me. The song is still great.
    someone ought to start a (happened to me) heartbreak song thread

her name was Debra :(

Presently listening to the "voices in my head". More and more they are making a lot of sense......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Links