Here's a thought... and a pretty good one....

This is a discussion on Here's a thought... and a pretty good one.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...even if I do say so myself... Who wears the "pants" in your family, guys? Oh, I know, we're all "the man of the house," ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Here's a thought... and a pretty good one....

Here's a thought... and a pretty good one....

...even if I do say so myself...

Who wears the "pants" in your family, guys?

Oh, I know, we're all "the man of the house," and we "rule the roost." Yeah, right, I got it...

But then, it's us who come up with cute little names for our wives... "SWMBO," "better half" and the like... And we all know that if "momma ain't happy, no one else is happy." And honestly, if our wives want something, within reason, we'll do all we can to get it for her... won't we?

And admittedly, we mostly have mates that believe the same things we do... So do the antis. We've seen a few articles of late about women and guns... on some national media outlets. CBS just did one IIRC. And here's another one from Chicago! the heart of the last bastion of crime-riddled-gun-free-zones.... Wow! in the Trib, no less!

Here's a quote from the story:
    "I'm pretty ambivalent," said Ada Thompson, 59, of Loves Park. "I'm not crazy about guns. But I think I should know how to use one if I ever need one."
    Why, pray tell, would Ada ever need a gun? She's not gonna take up hunting anytime soon. She doesn't need to put meat on her family's table. Is she likely to be the next sporting clays female champion? Hardly.

Ada's only real need for a gun would be to defend herself. In her home... perhaps even on the street, if she can cajole her husband into voting for a representative in government that understands the 2A. One that believes Ada has the right to defend herself against criminals who are leaving the inner city and coming out to her little slice of suburbia.

If your wife could get one... just one... "anti" woman to an event like this... It might just hasten the turning of the ocean liner of anti sentiment that remains in this country...

Don't believe me? Read about prohibition... That was women, boys... that was women who decided it was in our best interest as a nation to quit drinking liquor... It took 7 years or more, but they did it... And that's back in the day when men really did "rule the roost." There were no "domestic disputes," there were no "battered women." There were wives (and spinsters)... and the wives did what the men told 'em to do... But it seems the women back then wore pants, too.

Seven years is too long to wait... but guess what? We got the interwebby thing... properly marketed, tweeted, facebooked, and blogged about... Our women, if they chose to, could change the world, our world at least... To one where the 2nd Amendment means something... And they could do it almost as quickly as an "arab spring."

Here's the story from The Chicago Tribune

What would happen if the NRA was led by a woman? What if GOA was spearheaded by a woman... Think about that....

Tell me I'm wrong...
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

2. Remove Ads

Deleted by QKShooter - Abortion. DC Forum topic.

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we DO NOT allow the discussion of these topics.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    right, wrong----don't tell us---tell your wife

than tell us how it works.

perhaps than we will also try telling our wives.
    ---who, me? scared.....naw
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

We can all tell our wives... It may not be my wife... it may not be yours, CC... It is time to find "The One." She's out there somewhere...
    Me, 9/11/13

Deleted by QKShooter - ObamaCare - Abortion. DC Forum topics.

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we DO NOT allow the discussion of these topics.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

Deleted by QKShooter - Abortion. DC Forum topic.

msgt/ret likes this.
    Me, 9/11/13

Educated women -> Better world.

It's shown again and again. It doesn't matter what's wrong, a heavier dose of educated women goes a LONG way.
    Mental illness incidents are used to threaten gun rights.
    The March of Dimes headed off the Universal Iron Lung coverage debate, just sayin'.
    Alternately, for those with a toolshed and ideas.

Deleted by QKShooter - Quote of Abortion. DC Forum topic.

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

I was here.... next

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I was here.... next
    Thank you for your input?
    Me, 9/11/13

I totally agree about the power of women as a collective force and all, but just about every woman I know is scared of guns to some degree. No, I don't know Sarah Palin or Michele Bachmann and I know that type exists, but I work in clinical research and my wife is a preschool teacher so I don't meet a lot of gun-frenzied alpha females. As was mentioned above, women will put their strength in motion on topics that are important to them, and I just don't see gun laws becoming that for the body of women in this country anytime soon. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    I totally agree about the power of women as a collective force and all, but just about every woman I know is scared of guns to some degree. No, I don't know Sarah Palin or Michele Bachmann and I know that type exists, but I work in clinical research and my wife is a preschool teacher so I don't meet a lot of gun-frenzied alpha females. As was mentioned above, women will put their strength in motion on topics that are important to them, and I just don't see gun laws becoming that for the body of women in this country anytime soon. JMO.
    Ahhhh.... you have not the mind of a politician, or other snake oil salesman....

Personalize a rape... (horrible thing to say, but the spin doctors do this kind of thing all the time)... Remember what Dr. Susan Gratia-Hupp did for Concealed carry in Tx. due to the shooting at Luby's.

Turn the fear OF guns into the RESPECT for how they will protect them... in the article I cited above in the quote I used... we have 59 Year old woman who isn't crazy about guns.... but the seed is there ... she knows she someday might NEED one.

Activists got women across this country to "burn their bras" in reality, and figuratively... Activists got gays in the military...

A small percentage of people, using their power wisely can turn a tide... If you could turn antis into ambivalent creatures, acknowledging that there is a valid use for guns in self defense... and so on...

It takes a key phrase... like "Death Tax" was to inheritance taxes... It takes the right person (in this case a woman?) to start the ball rolling...
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Me, 9/11/13

Oleg Volk does a much better job at this sort of thing than I do... All I can do is cut and paste from the internet to make my "own" posters...

nomeansno.jpg

ERA woman.jpg

But they give you an idea of what I'm thinkin'. As far as getting women..."behind" guns...
    Me, 9/11/13

Or, how about.....

not for burning.jpg

or

guaranteed!.jpg
    Me, 9/11/13

Or maybe...

no more.jpg
    Me, 9/11/13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links