Flying the Flag - 9/11/06

This is a discussion on Flying the Flag - 9/11/06 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Something today is bothering me, and that is, in a sub-division of 300 homes, my home is the ONLY home flying the flag on this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying the Flag - 9/11/06

Flying the Flag - 9/11/06

Something today is bothering me, and that is, in a sub-division of 300 homes, my homeis the ONLY home flying the flag on this day of rememberance. I am ashamed of my fellow citizens in that they have no respect to the dead in such a disaster in our nations history. Sure, right after the 9/11, alot of folks went out and bought flag sets and put them out, but I have not seen them out since then, even on other days set aside for rememberances. I also display my flag on Dec 7th, 4th of July, Flag Day, Vetrans Day, etc.

Maybe I am a goofy patriot, who knows? I had to go to town around noon, and on the way, I looked down the side streets at house, looking for flags, and didnt see a one. I did see a small flag mounted on a side mirror of a dump truck though.

Even though I was in the service ('59-'63) and didnt see action, I still respect those who did fight and die in the conflicts or wars, as they were protecting our way of life here in the USA, but I think the citizens of the US are warry of flying the flag, thinking they would be called War Mongers. We are at war on several fronts, not just Iraq and Afganistan, but also war with Mexico at the border. We are being invaded, not just by Mexicans, but others sneaking across the border not of latin blood. Is it going to take another 9/11 to have the flags fly again?? I hope not.

Sorry if I offended anyone... my 2 cents worth..

John
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

2. Remove Ads

I fly my flag every day ... I couldn't figure out a way to fly it at half staff today (the rod is barely longer than the flag is tall anyway).

I agree ... its sad how few people fly their flags on holidays and other important days anymore.

Mine's out... Everyday.

B.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.-- Yoda
    G4W is now, be "Vigilant Always" - Bruce, (vet)USASA, NRA, IDPA, USPSA, IHMSA, & USCCA!

My Flag is flown everyday. Period. No if's and's or but's about it. Everyday.
    Eric

There were NO Guns used to take over the flights on 9-11, IT STILL HAPPENED

Wake up Americans - GUN CONTROL - Means WE LOOSE

Fifth Anniversary...9/11/01

As we remember and honor the innocent victims of the attacks of 9/11/01, perpetrated by finatical Islamic terrorists five years ago, today. All who were lost that day, the people in the towers, airline passengers and crews, military personnel at the Pentagon, police officers, firefighters and emergency personnel each died a tragic death. May they rest in peace. My thoughts and sympathy go to the thousands of family members who lost their loved ones that painful day in our nations history. They must relive that day each year that passes. We must prevail over terrorism. God bless America.
    2cam2go
    www.sunriseleather.com
    NYPD (Ret)
    "Form follows function".....Frank Lloyd Wright

VIP Member
    I'm glad I live in the South where flags fly everyday. I don't recall noticing any new flags out today, but I did pay attention to the 6 or 8 that normally fly between my house and the college. 6 or 8 may not sound like many, but there are only 16 or maybe 17 houses between mine and the college. I'm sure that if I went to other neighborhoods I would find some that were not flying yesterday, but many of the people in my town were flying the flag before 9/11/01. There are more flying it now. Most fly their colors everyday.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Everyday...

our flag is on the front of the house...and in OUR neighborhood, it is not alone!

Stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Another one here with my flag proudly displayed everyday.

I am sorry I forgot to add to my post at the beginning, that I live in a HOA, and flags are verbotten on anything but a national holiday. But even that that, I've never seen them out even on national holidays either. So, my next post might be from Jail if the "directors" knew I was flying the colors today!! It wouldnt be the first time I defied them idiots, ha.
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

Administrator
    Ditto: I fly my flag at home and my place of work.

So...I have one of you covered.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Assistant Administrator
    My flag - a larger and recent new one - flies PROUDLY from our porch every day. Glad to say too along our road, more folks have a flag than not, even if only a small one.

I would like to install a decent mast to display it even better, one day.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I fly my flag proudly every day. It goes up in the am and I take it down every night. One of the first things I do when I move into a new house is to find a place to mount a pole & bracket. My ultimate goal is to have a nice flag pole in my front yard so that I can fly it at 1/2 mast when necessary. I think my wife is looking at getting me one in our new home.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the Congress is in session."
    Mark Twain
    S&W M&P 40

Quote Originally Posted by NevJohn View Post
    I am sorry I forgot to add to my post at the beginning, that I live in a HOA, and flags are verbotten on anything but a national holiday. But even that that, I've never seen them out even on national holidays either. So, my next post might be from Jail if the "directors" knew I was flying the colors today!! It wouldnt be the first time I defied them idiots, ha.

This is exactly why I would never live in a HOA......btw...you can fly your flag and they cannot say anything about it, nor can they do anything about it.
    Come after my American Flag and you are in a sense declaring war on me, and that is a bad thing let me tell you. I dont care who you are or what you are...I fly my Flag with the upmost respect and Honor. Nobody tells me otherwise, and if they do they can bet the next time they see it there will be two. If they say anything after that, then I will buy as many as I can.......one way or the other they will get the point. THESE COLORS DONT RUN!!!!!!!

FLY THE FLAG WITH PRIDE and never forget why you fly it!
    Eric

There were NO Guns used to take over the flights on 9-11, IT STILL HAPPENED

Wake up Americans - GUN CONTROL - Means WE LOOSE

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Mine's up all day and all night, with a light on it.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

I live in an apartment complex ... I don't really have a place to fly a flag unfortunately...at least yet.

I remembered the anniversary of 9/11 by going to work, going to school, and doing the best damn job at both I could.

Flying the flag is a great way to support your country but IMHO the best way is to show the rest of the world that no matter what they do they will never be able to impign upon the freedom or happiness of an industrious, rational, and peace loving people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links