Any cigar smokers or Bourbon drinkers out there?

This is a discussion on Any cigar smokers or Bourbon drinkers out there? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; When I'm relaxing I like to sit back on my patio with a nice cigar and sip some Bourbon I think I've tried most of ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Any cigar smokers or Bourbon drinkers out there?

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar

When I'm relaxing I like to sit back on my patio with a nice cigar and sip some Bourbon

I think I've tried most of both

Favorite Bourbons

Old Forester, Eagle Rare, George T Stagg

Favorite Cigars

Padron Anniversary, Tatuaje, Pepin Garcia

What do you enjoy?
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Fairly new to cigars myself. And, I can't have another for at least another six months.

But, one of my favorites- also relatively inexpensive- is the Acid Kuba Kuba. Not a very 'high end' cigar, but man it's got a good flavor. There are a few others whose brands/names I can't remember, but I know it by look/smell.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    I OD'd on bourbon and eggnog in college. I'll have Chivas and a Camel to bring back flashbacks from the 60's. Just don't light a firecracker under me or it'll be recon by fire.
    ericb327 likes this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    Fairly new to cigars myself. And, I can't have another for at least another six months.

But, one of my favorites- also relatively inexpensive- is the Acid Kuba Kuba. Not a very 'high end' cigar, but man it's got a good flavor. There are a few others whose brands/names I can't remember, but I know it by look/smell.
    I sat next to Jonathan Drew (Owner of Acid Cigars) on a trip to Nicaragua to visit the Perdomo Cigar factory. Nice guy making some really good new stuff.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I have Old Forrester burbon each night as I wind down.

I used to do the cigar thing. CAO Anniversary was my favorite.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Makers Mark or Woodford Reserve are my favorite bourbons, though I do keep a bottle of Red Stag Black Cherry in the freezer for the fun of it.

Avo Heritage Churchhill's are about the only cigar I smoke.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I haven't had either for a while...

Bourbon

Wild Turkey Single Barrel

Cigars

I was never very picky... I just picked up some every once in a while from the local tobacco shop.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I'm no cigar aficionado, but Maker's Mark makes a great cigar IMO. If you haven't seen them or tasted them, give em a try next time your in search of one. The come in a glass tube with Maker's Mark signature red wax sealing the cap on. They have a wonderful taste and smell.

Oddly, I really enjoy them with a glass of Bulleit Bourbon... neat.

Cigars --

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Perfecto
    H. Upmann Toro
    Partagas Churchill
    Anything smuggled out of Cuba! I have a Partagas Cubano Toro in my humidor right now!

Whiskey --

Jameson's (I'm Irish!)
    RichB70 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I used to drink George Dickel No.12 when I drank...no more.
    I had quite a cigar habit at one time...started out on Arturo Fuentes, liked Cohiba's, Montecristo, Macanudo, Romeo y Julieta, Davidoff
    Living in Tampa...great cigars are no problem, every once in a while, even score a box of Habana's.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I LOVE Maker's Mark and Woodfords! Knob Creek, Crown Royal (I know it's a blended whiskey) and Wild Turkey (101 and their Single barrel) round out my favorites.

As for stoogies, Griffins 200's and 300's are good 'uns. Davidoffs maduros are too. Upmanns always have a spot in my humidor as well.

SWMBO'd just HATES cigars so I don't partake of them like I did back when...............
    Last edited by goldshellback; May 30th, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I rarely smoke a cigar now, but I went through a short phase of it in college. I bought myself a few different assortment packs and visited a few local smoke shops to try different kinds. In that time the box of Don Diego cigars I had was the cigar I enjoyed the most. I actually still have my humidor with a few "leftovers" still aging assuming the moisture is still consistent...now you've got me thinking. I'll have to check that out tomorrow and maybe enjoy one.

VIP Member
    A Fuente, I usually get the Maduro (dark)
    Knob Hill

Both on rare special occasions.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I like a good Don Pepin Garcia Blue or Gurkha Grand Age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ericb327 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    I used to drink George Dickel No.12 when I drank...no more.
    I had quite a cigar habit at one time...started out on Arturo Fuentes, liked Cohiba's, Montecristo, Macanudo, Romeo y Julieta, Davidoff
    Living in Tampa...great cigars are no problem, every once in a while, even score a box of Habana's.
    @ Stubborn--- give me 2 hours with you, Romey y Juliet and Bourbon and I'll turn you into a liberal.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links