Men beat and rob World War II Vet

This is a discussion on Men beat and rob World War II Vet within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Men beat and rob World War II Vet Snippets: Men beat and rob World War II Vet - KCTV 5 Posted: May 11, 2012 3:25 ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Spirit51
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By oldrwizr
  • 1 Post By goldshellback

Thread: Men beat and rob World War II Vet

Angry Men beat and rob World War II Vet

Men beat and rob World War II Vet
    Snippets:
    Men beat and rob World War II Vet - KCTV 5
    Posted: May 11, 2012 3:25 PM EDT Updated: May 25, 2012 6:42 PM EDT
    By Laura McCallister, Multimedia Producer - email
    By Betsy Webster, News Reporter - bio | email
    RAYTOWN, MO (KCTV) -

Two men beat up a World War II Veteran, ransacked his home, and stole from him.

Police need the public's help identifying the two men, and the elderly man's story about what happened to him is harrowing.

"He did one of them Texas Ranger kicks - knocked me back against the door, against the refrigerator and plum down on my knees," Roy Hooten said. "This is so painful in here [holds upper ribcage] it even hurts to breathe."

Hooten is dealing with a cracked rib and a deep gash from a pistol whipping after a good deed left him bloodied and bruised.

"He said ‘we need to make a phone call. Can we use your phone?'" Hooten said.

Hooten opened the door for two men about 10 a.m. Thursday but, before long, he felt a foot in his chest and was splayed onto the kitchen floor. The men started yelling ‘where's your money?'
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

I said on another thread that the Metro KC area was getting worse (Raytown if part of that). Chicago and Detroit are not the only ones climbing on the "criminal violence" scale.
    goldshellback likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

No respect for the men who saved the world from tyranny.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    Good for him that it didn't change his view of humanity. Now he needs to replace the stolen little gun of his departed wife with the 45 he carried in his WWII bomber.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    Good for him that it didn't change his view of humanity. Now he needs to replace the stolen little gun of his departed wife with the 45 he carried in his WWII bomber.
    I agree! But, if you open your door to two complete strangers that may not even save you.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

It has come down to the criminal maggots using the sympathy and goodness in a person to accomplish an attack and robbery. I am very surprised they just didn't kill him for the sport of it.

As hard hearted as it sounds, this man should have NEVER opened the door, but he comes from a different generation of trusting people. Well, we can no longer trust everyone because of incidents like this. I suspect we will see more of these maggots preying on those who are generous, kind and want to help someone.

I live in a "good" neighborhood and don't open the door to just anyone that I do not know. The person on the other side may not be someone I want and encounter with.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; May 30th, 2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Preserving the honourable nature of Wolves that I mentioned.
    RichB70 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I suspect we will see more of these wolves preying on those who are generous, kind and want to help someone.
    Wolves? I love wolves. I respect wolves. These are maggots.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post

No respect for the men who saved the world from tyranny.
    .....or their elders, or ANYBODY! These thugs are predators and will attack the weaker among us if they even THINK it's an easy mark for them. I have NO sympathy nor does my heart bleed for whatever 'excuse' they make for their station in life and the piss-poor decisions they make. I hope they 'resist' when the law catches up with 'em
    airslot likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Time to start thinning the 'predator herd'...and as many as possible, ASAP.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    Wolves? I love wolves. I respect wolves. These are maggots.
    Yeah, my bad.

I like Wolves too.

I respectfully changed it from Wolves to maggots.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links