I'm A Bachelor For The Next Ten Days!!

This is a discussion on I'm A Bachelor For The Next Ten Days!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Dropped off Mrs. GB and my mother at the airport for a 6:00AM flight. They're going to visit Mrs. GB's parents in New Mexico. Mom ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: I'm A Bachelor For The Next Ten Days!!

VIP Member

Smile I'm A Bachelor For The Next Ten Days!!

Dropped off Mrs. GB and my mother at the airport for a 6:00AM flight.

They're going to visit Mrs. GB's parents in New Mexico.

Mom hasn't had a vacation for a while. Some of you may remember that we lost my Dad last year at the age of 91. He'd been sick and out of it for a while and his third bout with cancer finally did him in. Well, Mom had been taking care of him for a few years and had made her life hell with his dementia and all.

We finally talked Mom into getting away, and she'd always wanted to visit the in-laws (out-laws?). So she cashed in some of her frequent flyer points and off they went.

So if you're in my neighbourhood and smell Cuban cigars and hear shoot-em up movies playing way too loud, you'll know who it is!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    We can send bail money to where?

VIP Member
    LOL. Enjoy!

I always fill up on shootin, riding (harley), westerns, beer & BBQ when Mrs. Whec & jr. go to visit her family. In fact I'm taking the whole week off this summer when they go, so I don't lose focus.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Proceed carefully, very carefully! No disrespect to Mrs. GB, but that lifestyle can attach itself to you and spread like the mange on a filthy coyote
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Time to run around the house in your underwear and eat junk food!
    WHEC724, surefire7 and Spirit51 like this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    You can stay up past 11 and eat junk food all night!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Party hard.

But just remember to be DONE cleaning up at least ONE FULL DAY before she's supposed to be getting home.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

You will go through bachelor shock, too much free time and no one talking in your ear

You will enjoy it for all a day, then you will miss her terribly and want her back. At least that is how I feel when I am away from home, or my wife is away from home. Its nice, but having her back is even better!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

So if you're in my neighbourhood and smell Cuban cigars and hear shoot-em up movies playing way too loud, you'll know who it is!
    Ah yes. "When the cat's away the mice will play".

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Mom hasn't had a vacation for a while. Some of you may remember that we lost my Dad last year at the age of 91. He'd been sick and out of it for a while and his third bout with cancer finally did him in. Well, Mom had been taking care of him for a few years and had made her life hell with his dementia and all.

Know what you've been going through to a certain degree. My dad'll be 91 in August and mom will be 84 in Sept. They still live at home with regular in-home care visits by professionals. Knockin' on wood.

BTW, it's been quite a while since I've visited a "neighbourhood".
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

make sure you order lots of pizza too!
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Just two thoughts for you...boxer shorts are the daily uniform, and all the tater chips you can eat.

p.s. the final shoot-out in "Open Range" when played through surround sound and turned up so that guns sound like real guns going off in the house...is AWESOME!!! You hear the gun fire on one side of the room and you hear the bullet hit on the other side.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Dropped off Mrs. GB and my mother at the airport for a 6:00AM flight.

They're going to visit Mrs. GB's parents in New Mexico.

We finally talked Mom into getting away, and she'd always wanted to visit the in-laws (out-laws?). So she cashed in some of her frequent flyer points and off they went.

Big fires out there! I hope she's not going anywhere near that.

10 whole days of leaving the seat up!

Man heaven!

Enjoy and don't forget the Febreze the night before the return.
    Spirit51 and msgt/ret like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links