More what's wrong with this country... - Page 2

More what's wrong with this country...

This is a discussion on More what's wrong with this country... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm glad there is "rehab" for sex offenders. They are the true victims, after all. They have to live with this disease that causes them ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: More what's wrong with this country...

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I'm glad there is "rehab" for sex offenders. They are the true victims, after all. They have to live with this disease that causes them to act in ways they really don't like. I'm sure the rapist was apologizing during the attack for not being able to control himself. They can't help themselves and need therapy, not punishment.

/sarcasm
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    You beat me to the post dangit........ of course, I 'only' have a 165 grn. 'cure' for it........

Just the fact that a 'treatment facility' for sex offenders exists should be enough to outrage anyone...........
    almost as much as any judge who'll let a rapest skip out on jail because of a plea bargin(?!?).
    GSB - I would have replied to your PM but your box is full. (make sure you clear out your sent messages too as that counts against your quota).
    goldshellback likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Lawyers and judges have ruined this country.....need I say it again?
    BurgerBoy and Spirit51 like this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Oh wait... here's another:

Rape victim denied treatment

Oh wait... another "gem"

He might get 20 years... or maybe just 5 of probation...Story here
    So, in the case of the rape victim, it was "Bush's fault".
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar

And justice for all

How bout this:

When this mutt breaks his probation, and he will, the judge and DA that signed off on this stupidity get to serve the same sentence.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Too bad .... rape victim # 1 .... wasn't armed. It would have saved a lot of people from a lot of things in the long run.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Double Tap. Just reviewing my options.

Guy could be a future Zombie.
    goldshellback likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links