Maybe there is hope for the kids of today after all

This is a discussion on Maybe there is hope for the kids of today after all within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This young man will go far in life. Boy Who Donated Disney Trip to Soldier's Family Wins Vacation of His Own | ABC News Blogs ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By tacman605

Thread: Maybe there is hope for the kids of today after all

VIP Member

Maybe there is hope for the kids of today after all

darbo and JoJoGunn like this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

WoW, Great kid with a heart of gold. Now if the other 99% would take note ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

mkh
    Wow. Great kid. Great idea. Hopefully he can keep this going. Our military families give so much and ask so little. It's great to see a kid stepping up where we adults often drop the ball.

It doesn't take much for an act of self-LESS-ness to make a difference.

Then at some point it will come back in a reward least expected, even though the expectation of a reward is not the driving force behind the act.

With all the selfish, "me" stuff we read about daily, this is like a fresh breath of air in a stale environment.

Thank God for kids and actions like this!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Since my health has forced me to walk with a cane I have been surprised at the number of teens who will see me and rush to hold a door open for me. Maybe they are all not as bad as we think.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Maybe they are all not as bad as we think.

Michael
    The bad ones get most of the press. I have worked with some fantastic kids over the years. I have to remind myself of that regularly.

And that young man is something special. That's for sure.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Since my health has forced me to walk with a cane I have been surprised at the number of teens who will see me and rush to hold a door open for me. Maybe they are all not as bad as we think.

Michael
    There are many great kids out there. (I got one but don't we all). Seriously, like chiefjason said "only tha bad ones get the press". Plenty of kids today do things that fly under the radar. I think sometimes as folks get older they try to see only the bad side of things but never notice that a lot of good is going on around them.

It never hurts to do something right...Good for him...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    This is the chilling thing I got from the article.....

From article;

Liberty Steele's 25-year-old father - Army Lieutenant Timothy Steele - was killed last August in Afghanistan.

In a twist of fate, Lieutenant Steele apparently knew all about Kyle Macdonald's original paperclip trade.

"The things Tim had in his pockets when he died were a St. Christopher's Medal, a picture of his family, and a post it note with the words "red paperclip," his mother, Mary Ellen Steele, said.

The red paperclip is what gave the 9 yr old the idea and started to trade with his soldier on his facebook page, to eventually get up to the trade for the trip to Disneyworld

Talk about divine intervention.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Our crotch saluting POTUS and self-serving Congress should read this and without trying to spin it to their advantage, take a lesson "from the mouths of babes......." Our Country and our world has a long way to go but there is hope!

Links