What are you guys grillin' with?

This is a discussion on What are you guys grillin' with? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have all three. Gas, charcoal and smoker. I prefer the flavor of charcoal. We use one of them most nights. Sent from my iPhone ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: What are you guys grillin' with?

I have all three. Gas, charcoal and smoker. I prefer the flavor of charcoal. We use one of them most nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Much to my surprise, my Weber came today! My looftlighter also came today - which I was not expecting. I'm still waiting on the Weber chimney but not so concerned about it right now since I have the looftlighter. I also have a cover, some tongs, a mitten and brushes on the way. I got charcoal (Kingsford) at Wal-Mart yesterday. So now all I need is something to put on the grill. I'm thinking that I'll christen the Weber with some burgers and dogs this week-end. I'm thinking I'll supplement matters with some Bush beans and baked potatoes.

I have to say I was surprised at how the grill is made. All you need to assemble it is a #2 Philips to screw the plastic handle grips onto the handles and a hammer to pop the wheels on. In addition to some grilling this Summer, I'm already thinking about the grilling that is going to take place this Fall - grilling and college football just go together.

Grill cover and chimney came today. The chimney isn't a Weber like I thought it was - no biggie - it'll do the job.

I'm planning on grilling out tomorrow. Need to pick up some Kosher pickles to go with the burgers. I like the 1/4 sliced spears. ;-)

Debuted the Weber today;

I'm going to need a little more practice to get my mojo on. I left the burgers on for too long. I cooked too much of the juice out because I wanted to make sure I didn't under-cook them.

The Looft lighter worked like a dream. After a couple of minutes, I had a little fire going on and from there, I piled on some charcoal that were lying on the outer edges - to make more of a pyramid, etc.

Maybe I'll have my BBQ grove on by college football time. ;-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links