Possum karma strikes again. - Page 2

Possum karma strikes again.

This is a discussion on Possum karma strikes again. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just a heads up. Most rodents that are captured in a live trap need to be released at least 10 miles away from your home ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Possum karma strikes again.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Just a heads up. Most rodents that are captured in a live trap need to be released at least 10 miles away from your home or they can find their way back. But it seems you arent going with the trap and release method :D
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm gonna go with the trap and kill from now on.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Get a medium sized conibear trap and your problems can be solved easily.
    NH_Esau likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

When I was in high school we would go out spotlighting for coons and whatever we could find and possums are very easy run at them yelling and flailing your arms then grab it by the tail and they normally just keep playing dead and then I always ran them over with the tire of the truck that always got rid of um quick

Those are country possums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    I had an opossum out by the bird feeder rooting around the other day. I stroked him with the Crimson Trace from inside the house and he ran like he owed me money. I haven't seen him since.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I suggest a .22lr revolver, and some gas charged rounds. They won't cycle a semi auto- at least not my rifle- and (in a rifle) they're not much, if any, louder than a BB gun.

I live less than a mile from my local PD (downtown), and I've never had any trouble. ...but, this is also the area where all the shootings happen in Rock Hill...

Anyway, I've fired .22lrs, and the gas rounds (which WILL put down a squirrel at about 15ft from a rifle) and not had any trouble. Not the best plan, by any means. But, the gas charged .22lrs work great, and they're quiet. I get them at the local gun shows for about $3/box 50.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

My parents 15lb yapper dog scares the daylights out of opossums and they just freeze in fear. If you can somehow scare them you can just go up and grab them and relocate. That's what we do. If there is a "mean one" use a landing net for fish and it does a good job.

Opossums will show their teeth when threatened but rarely bite. Grab them behind the head and you and flip them over like a baby and they chill out. Take them off to a neighbors yard you dont like and let them go.

Senior Moderator
    Poke it with a broom handle and it will sull up. (that means play dead for you city slickers)

Then pick it up by the tail and do what you have to do.

Be advised...sometimes the skin will peel off of the tail and you'll drop it. Shake the dead skin from your hand and pick it up again.
    Stubborn likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I had one hiss at me from the bush next to my garage door, and I almost had a heart attack

VIP Member
    won't the "turtleman" come over and help you?

Call of the Wildman: Battling an Angry Raccoon : Video : Animal Planet

live action... hahaha
    mano3 likes this.

Aguila SSS .22LR... or CB and a loud cough.

Possums are easy to trap. Get you a HavaHart live catch trap and bait it with cat food. They are really stupid critters!

Had a possum digging under the fence and reaking havoc on my wife's veggie garden. Put out a live trap baited with cat food. Caught him the next night. Left him in the trap for 2 days in the Houston Texas summer sun (we went out of town for the weekend). Was going to take him behind the fence and dispatch him with my 22, when the critter was pardoned by my wife and 2 daughters. Opened the trap and it scurried away and I haven't seen him since. I guess baking in the sun for 2 days without water was deterrent enough for it never to come back.

I then had a sit down conversation with my dog about keeping critters out of the yard. Since then the dog has dispatched 3 squirrels and 1 rabbit. The word must be out because we get no more critters in the yard.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconHunter View Post
    Maybe it is time to take up archery. I'm sure a broadhead would work wonders on a possum. Might even prevent it from retreating into hard to retrieve places if you pin it.
    Bow and arrow is great...also a wrist rocket loaded with a steel ball bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Poke it with a broom handle and it will sull up. (that means play dead for you city slickers)

Then pick it up by the tail and do what you have to do.

Be advised...sometimes the skin will peel off of the tail and you'll drop it. Shake the dead skin from your hand and pick it up again.
    "HotGuns" way works very well also, just follow up with a hatchet or machette...when you seperate them from their head they don't play possum anymore...of course my neighbor kills armadillos with a golf club...but I'm not a golfer.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links