Texas gun range to host children's parties

This is a discussion on Texas gun range to host children's parties within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Texas gun range to host children "The age limit is eight years old. You have to be tall enough to get above the shooting table," ...

Thread: Texas gun range to host children's parties

Texas gun range to host children's parties

Texas gun range to host children

"The age limit is eight years old. You have to be tall enough to get above the shooting table," Prince said. "They're not gonna be left unattended. Parents are gonna be one-on-one, or if there's not enough parents we'll have range safety officers here to show them how to do it safely."
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

I love how the only other person to be quoted other than the owner was someone who lobbied for more gun control already.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I think it's a great idea. I don't think it's disrespectful to guns at all. My wife's friend had a "party" at a local gun range for her 30th birthday. I think as long as the actual shooting part is done professionally and seriously it is fine, regardless of whether or not there is cake and ice cream in the next room.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Wish they had stuff like that when I was little.

I think it's a great idea; they allow children as young as 8- but you know it will most likely be the 'older' kids- 12+ that will get parties like that. The kids that are getting 'old enough' to start really hunting with their fathers/uncles/grandfathers.... They should be taught early, taught safely, and this seems like a good way to start the education. Especially with trained ROs helping.

I didn't get even get a BB gun until I was almost 14. When I turned 18, my stepfather gave me the 'family heirloom' Winchester .22 that's been around since the late 1800s. I was 'taught' all the gun safety rules when I got the BB gun, but... that thing is really sad- one of the 'safe' ones that you can only pump once. VERY depressing.

I bought my first gun when I was 22. I don't really count the old Winchester because it gets shot maybe once a year (.22 shorts, and it gives me a reason to keep it clean and oiled properly).
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I think it's a great idea, especially if done right, and this shop seems to be on the right path for doing just that.

Education, responsability, and fun....... kids learn alot when their enjoying themselves.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I think it's great. I believe that all children should be taught to properly use and respect firearms, along with respect for other people. I was taught proper behavior at home. And starting when I was about 6, I was taught about firearms. When I was 10, for my birthday in May, I was given my first rifle, a single shot Stevens Crackshot .22. That same year I got a single shot 20ga shotgun for Christmas. When I was 12 I actually selected and paid for my own bolt action .22 repeater, a Marlin Model 25. I was also given my first pistol, an old .38spl S&W Model 10. I also had toy guns until about this time, and I knew the difference. I've been collecting and shooting ever since. Contrary to the image suggested by the anti-gun crowd, I don't think that my close association with, and love of, guns has had a negative impact or turned me into a frothing at the mouth, raving, ultra-right wingnut. I like to think that I've been a good citizen. I graduated from school and have worked all of my life. I've never robbed or stolen; other than while serving as a Marine in Vietnam, I've never killed anyone; I try not to speak harshly to anyone unless provoked; and I don't abuse children, animals, or drugs.
    Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

Links