A new National Anthem? Really?!?

This is a discussion on A new National Anthem? Really?!? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am not sure what to say... I mean he is "The Boss" but when we evaluate what other "Americans" selected as the best choice... ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: A new National Anthem? Really?!?

I am not sure what to say... I mean he is "The Boss" but when we evaluate what other "Americans" selected as the best choice...

Jay-Z... Madonna... Dolly Parton... Bob Dylan... Stevie Wonder...

I will stick with the original.

Springsteen favored to write new US anthem: poll - Yahoo! News

"Twenty-two percent of Americans think veteran rocker Bruce Springsteen should compose a new US national anthem to replace "The Star-Spangled Banner," suggests an online poll released Monday."

"Based on a poem by Francis Scott Key describing the British naval bombardment of Fort McHenry in Baltimore, Maryland during the War of 1812, "The Star-Spangled Banner" has been the official US national anthem since 1931."
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    "The Boss" my butt.

joker1, Spirit51 and RichB70 like this.

Administrator
    Well, Bruce Springsteen can compose it BUT,
    As long as Lady Gaga sings the "Official" Government Approved version of it then I'm all for it.
    Our original "The Star-Spangled Banner" is so old and outdated just like our Constitution and the Colt 1911.
    You absolutely cannot dance to it and with such bad things "Bursting In Air" - it's much too pro war & violent for our children today.
    I personally feel that something very calm, mild, generic, gender inclusive, and complacent would be more appropriate.
    And besides....it's so "American" that the rest of the world & especially the 3rd World countries really cannot relate to it.

W9HDG likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

So 22% of Americans (the ones who took this survey) wish to live in some other country, I'll see if I can borrow a pick-up and I'll be there to help them GTFO.

Keep your damn artsy-fartsy lefty musician hands off my Star Spangled Banner, it ain't broke so it don't need fixin!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Well, Bruce Springsteen can compose it BUT,
    As long as Lady Gaga sings the "Official" Government Approved version of it then I'm all for it.
    Our original "The Star-Spangled Banner" is so old and outdated just like our Constitution and the Colt 1911.
    You absolutely cannot dance to it and with such bad things "Bursting In Air" - it's much too pro war & violent for our children today.
    I personally feel that something very calm, mild, generic, gender inclusive, and complacent would be more appropriate.
    And besides....it's so "American" that the rest of the world & especially the 3rd World countries really cannot relate to it.
    LOL. That was just disturbing.

The Boss? Give me a break. This nation has become celebrity besotted. Folks actually think these ass-clowns are special or have "extra" knowledge or something. They are in the main, self serving, drug addled, narcissistic attention whores with the morals of a ******* son of Satan. Not 1 in 20 could pass a "p" test to work as a private or seaman recruit - both honorable professions that deserve respect. Wait till I'm in a bad mood and I will tell you how I really feel.

VIP Member
    One phrase comes to mind: "stupid is as stupid does"
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Anyone who has ever tried to sing the national anthem a cappella at a sporting event will tell you that it's a vocalist's nightmare. America the Beautiful would have been a better choice, but what's done is done and we'll be forced to hear painful renditions of Key's verse at NASCAR races forever.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Or don't watch NASCAR, NHRA forever. We go strieght to the finnish line, not drive around half a day looking for it! Just kidding, all motorsports are good. But America the Beautiful just doesn't send chills down my back the the way Star Spangled Banner does. They wouldn't have liked my vote either.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

VIP Member
    Pollsters telephoned a random sample of 1,026 adults nationwide between April 27 and 30 for the poll, which had a margin of error of plus or minus three percentage points.
    I wish they had called me; they would NOT have liked or published my response.
    goldshellback likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

REALLY... do we want someone from N.J. writing about freedom?

it's already been wrote if we needed one

Who's idea was it to even think of rewriting our star-spangled banner ?!?
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links