Recall Election in WI

Recall Election in WI

This is a discussion on Recall Election in WI within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK, let's see how long this thread last. This is not to discuss unions vs Gov. Walker. That will guarantee this is shut down in ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 7 Post By Caertaker
  • 1 Post By SIXTO
  • 1 Post By Civil_Response

Thread: Recall Election in WI

Recall Election in WI

OK, let's see how long this thread last. This is not to discuss unions vs Gov. Walker. That will guarantee this is shut down in heart beat. I am curious to what everybody thinks about recall elections? My take on this is that it should only be for extreme circumstances such as corruption. I do not see the purpose in a recall election when there is no other reaon than you do not like the way a person is governing.

Look at it this way. Gov Walker gets recalled. Then Walker supporters get 1 million signatures on a ballot and get a recall election. He wins, and so on and so on and so on. I frankly think it is a waste of their tax dollars and will only put in a governor for less than two years before another election anyway.

My 2 cents.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I think the whole thing is stupid, Minnesota is stuck with Dayton you guys are lucky as far as I'm concerned.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    2 months ago all I saw was "recall walker" signs, now all I see is "we stand with walker" in every yard. My city amuses me...

I think recalls are a waste of time and money
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I totally agree with you. If you don't like the guy, too bad, we have to deal with choices made by others all the time. That is politics.

Recall elections should only be for criminal misconduct, not because you dissagree with their policies.
    Walk softly ...

See my sig line...

Unless he's corrupt, keep him there, for his first term... then put him in jail.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

There should be some accountability associated with recall elections. I think that if the recall fails, the cost of the election should be divided equally among the petition signers and their wages should be garnished.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    It will be interesting to see if the challanger wins, how far will he go to try to repeal anything Walker signed. Will he just focus on Union rules, or will he try to get rid of the CC law also? That law seems to have a lot of popular support behind it still as more and more people apply for permits.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    I am so sick of this election stuff here, and the the whole idea that if you dont like it, lets do a recall Mentality. I believe this isnt what recalls were intended for. Let Walker finish out his term then if they dont like it vote him out.

Administrator
    Two political posts have been removed already. I double dog dare a third....
    atctimmy likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Two political posts have been removed already. I double dog dare a third....
    Sorry but I have to do this:
    "Now it was serious. A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a "triple dare ya"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare." "I TRIPLE-dog-dare ya!" "Schwartz created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat!" - Ralphie, Narrator and Schwartz in A Christmas Story

Administrator
    "OK, let's see how long this thread last."

Not very long at all I'm afraid. Politics unrelated to the primary focus of our forum.

Rule #9
    Forum Rules page.

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we DO NOT allow the discussion of these topics.

Links