No humor

No humor

This is a discussion on No humor within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Who let the dogs out... And WHY? Of the bad guys, One is a repeat offender... one was out on bond... These guys need to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: No humor

No humor

Who let the dogs out... And WHY?

Of the bad guys,
    One is a repeat offender... one was out on bond... These guys need to spend eternity sleeping in the dirt... not getting out on bond, not out after serving their time. NO... These guys... I can't say it...

Story here

And, on occasion I have fallen for the constitutional argument that once a felon has done his time he should be allowed to keep and bear arms... NO. won't buy into that again...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Unbelievable!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    One commenter stated they should take a branding iron and brand THUG on their foreheads, I do like her way of thinking. With the multiple arrests and convictions they have proven they will never contribute to society and should be permanently removed from same.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    One commenter stated they should take a branding iron and brand THUG on their foreheads, I do like her way of thinking. With the multiple arrests and convictions they have proven they will never contribute to society and should be permanently removed from same.
    I really like this idea. Just so there is no shadow of doubt, brand them after the second conviction.

Sadly, we could never get legislation like that passed, due to a prevailing mindset that it would be cruel. I really don't get it.
    accessbob likes this.

The old west days were good in many ways. However...if you were an innocent and the public didn't like ya........you'd still be hanged.
    Spirit51 and DontTreadOnI like this.

A Felon is a Felon is a Felon. There has to be responsibility taken by the person for ones actions. The lifelong penalities for a felony need to stay enforced. You did it, now live with the consequenses. It's probably a good thing for a lot of them that I am not a judge.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd taken better care of myself when I was younger

What is it going to take for our society to determine that some people are going to be dangers to civilized citizens for the rest of their days.....then shorten those days.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    What is it going to take for our society to determine that some people are going to be dangers to civilized citizens for the rest of their days.....then shorten those days.
    First off, WE the People need to be willing to pay increased taxes to hold these guys for longer periods. (or reduce spending elsewhere).

We the People need to quit mollycoddling them in prison. No TV, no worry about overcrowding, no state of the art gym equipment, etc. Prison should be a miserable place to which no one wants to return. IF they ever get out... instead of early release for good behavior, extended incarceration for any infraction of the rules.

There's a lot we could do, but We the People don't have the stomach for it... Instead, due to low budgets, a failing economy, and soft judges... we let them out on bond, we let them out early, we try to rehab them and hope for the best... It ain't working.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Anybody see "John Carter"? The people of Mars branded their people when the failed the community, and when you ran out of room for more brands, they were executed.

The idea of branding Thugs just reminded me of that movie, not saying I think it's a good idea. But I agree our prisons are way too kushy. Make it a place that is uncomfortable to be, and they might think twice about wether or not they want to go back.
    Walk softly ...

saddam hussein doled out some punishment that you guys would enjoy...

We the people do not agree with you....my we the people and your we the people must be two different we the people....lol

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    First off, WE the People need to be willing to pay increased taxes to hold these guys for longer periods. (or reduce spending elsewhere).

We the People need to quit mollycoddling them in prison. No TV, no worry about overcrowding, no state of the art gym equipment, etc. Prison should be a miserable place to which no one wants to return. IF they ever get out... instead of early release for good behavior, extended incarceration for any infraction of the rules.

There's a lot we could do, but We the People don't have the stomach for it... Instead, due to low budgets, a failing economy, and soft judges... we let them out on bond, we let them out early, we try to rehab them and hope for the best... It ain't working.

If Obama had quadruplet sons, they would look like these 4 fine upstanding young men, indeed, pillars or their community.
    Spirit51 and RETSUPT99 like this.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Nothing but dirtbags with no value of life, wasting our O2, and in dire need of being taken to dinner...in the gator pit.:hand1;
    Spirit51 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I believe prisoners should WORK. Farm work would be good....let them raise their own food. Let them learn to sew and make all the prisoner uniforms and bedding. Find other work for them....no excuses. Then for a place to sleep....have shifts. One prisoner works while the other sleeps....when the other is working...the first one sleeps....one cot.

ANY entertainment MUST be earned....that includes the basket ball court. It shouldn't be "day camp"" it should be hard and unpleasant. Make them productive or all is taken away. If they step out of line...harsh measures. If they attack guards....shoot them. Make it a place they don't wish to go at all costs.
    BigStick and msgt/ret like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    If we're all in agreement lets find someone to run for office....I'd vogte for them...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links