More "bath salts" whack-jobs - Page 2

More "bath salts" whack-jobs

This is a discussion on More "bath salts" whack-jobs within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Bath Salts? Yeah right..... Media feeds some BS stories these days, and blaming all of this on "Bath" Salts is about ignorant and retarded....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: More "bath salts" whack-jobs

Bath Salts? Yeah right..... Media feeds some BS stories these days, and blaming all of this on "Bath" Salts is about ignorant and retarded.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr7point62 View Post
    Bath Salts? Yeah right..... Media feeds some BS stories these days, and blaming all of this on "Bath" Salts is about ignorant and retarded.
    It's a drug and has nothing to do with actual bath salts, not sure if you knew that or not.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I was wondering about that. I figured it was just the new name for the newest designer drug, but didn't care enough to look into it. I am curious what it is derived from or similar to.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post

This one was allegedly high on bath salts, marijuana, Xanax and had a BAC of .29. Holy. Smokes.
    First guy I ever helped bring into detox had around that and was still somewhat coherent. Staff told me he was a member of the "four-oh" club, meaning they'd previously clocked him above .40. I didn't even know that was survivable until then. I know most of us would be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by mascariot View Post
    has anyone tried these so called "bath salts" or is everyone just going on what they have heard???
    Not on my life would I be stupid enough to do any of this crap.

But, hey, go ahead. Just lock yourself up first or you may have to be shot. Be sure and keep notes.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Mr7point62 View Post
    It isn't "bath salts" that is just the buzz term so people can market it. Go to any of the Medical sites and look it up...it is both real and real bad.

There is another one called "alligator" That is bad and has the added effect of skin sloughing off at injection site. You know....skin rotting and falling off. It is on the medical sites too.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by MoMike View Post
    The "Bath Salts" is a new one on me. Do you just eat this stuff?

It's still mostly meth you hear about around here.
    Ambulance here took one into the Psycho ward. He was a handful and the crazy actions had many scared. Strapped him to the stretcher and didn't take him off until they strapped him onto a bed at the facility. It's in Missouri now....stay away from it. Gone are the days of "Just try it" unless you don't value your life or sanity.

I believe it is smoked, eaten, or injected.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    I've always been glad that I've never partaken in mind-altering drugs, but it's stuff like this that makes me so thankful for not getting involved in that world. That's some crazy stuff. I wonder if it triggers something in the brain that makes people want to eat other people.
    From what I have seen in articles....it effects the neurotransmitters of the brain. Those are the controlled by a very sensitive chemical "bath" in the brain. When one is Clinically depressed or bi polar and other naturally occurring mental disorders....that is where it starts to go haywire.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    I was wondering about that. I figured it was just the new name for the newest designer drug, but didn't care enough to look into it. I am curious what it is derived from or similar to.
    Yup. Spirit is right with what she said.. she? I think she's a she.. if not my bad 0_o... they name it that just to market it legally, even tho many states have just recently banned it.

The main chemicals in them are mephedrone, methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV) and methylone and are being banned by the DEA for 1 year until they can study them more to see if they should be permanently banned. The effects are similar to LSD and cocaine with the exception that they apparently make you have the urge to eat people I guess 0_o

You need no longer be curious about it :)
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Yup. Spirit is right with what she said.. she? I think she's a she.. if not my bad 0_o... they name it that just to market it legally, even tho many states have just recently banned it.

The main chemicals in them are mephedrone, methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV) and methylone and are being banned by the DEA for 1 year until they can study them more to see if they should be permanently banned. The effects are similar to LSD and cocaine with the exception that they apparently make you have the urge to eat people I guess 0_o

You need no longer be curious about it :)
    Yes. She.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Yes. She.
    YES! +1 for Burns!
    atctimmy likes this.

Listen. A HUGE mistake was made in movies like "Reefer Madness" by actually lying about the effects, but that was decades ago. The lesson was learned. This new crap IS as bad as they say...it is not hype. Meth is as bad as they say. Crack is as bad. I have seen the the damage that drugs actually do. Did anyone here know that what is called L.S.D is actually arsenic. The "trip" is because you are poisoning yourself. The days of Sandoz L.S.D. were in the late 60s and early 70s and I have helped people on that real stuff through a "bad trip". I saw what it did to people I knew and went to school with. I would never do them. I would encourage anyone I know not to do them.

We know the damage that chronic alcohol abuse can do, but the moderate use is not lethal. The damage that chronic marijuana use does is "twinkie" overdose. Maybe this is why we have a society of "chunkies". Stick to what your doctor gives you....and that at times can be dangerous.

Better living through Chemistry is a lie when it comes to your body and mind in most cases.

Don't just say "NO"....say "HELL NO".
    msgt/ret and l1a1 like this.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Ok, Miami, Florida, now Lafayette, Louisiana, this face-eating stuff is getting close to home !!!

Louisiana Man Under Influence of 'Some Kind of Drug' Bit Off Part of Neighbor's Face

Alright, I have a special bulletin for any bath salt eaters or wannabe zombies..............."YOU AIN'T EATING MY FACE"

I'll report back on any attempts.
    Burns, Spirit51, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

There have been 5 biting/eating attacks due to bath salts since may 27th.

When the Miami face chewing incident was reported my wife and daughter were in the other room and heard it on the news and were loudly WTH! I came to see what the commotion was, they rewound the news and let it play. I affixed a menacing grin and turned and said "zombies" in a non comforting voice.

I told them about about the guy literally throwing himself at the police some time later...

Then there is the guy who was mailing body parts and some cannibalistic college shenanigans.

My wife has confessed to 2 seperate zombie related dreams in the past month. The first of which I was in and was not a zombie, Kinda sounded like a Walking Dead plot (minus the conspiracy) and she doesn't watch the show. I haven't got the full story on the other dream yet. My wife does like to shoot her GLOCK 26 and the .22 lever-action rifle, but she has no desire to even fire a single round from the AR, maybe a few more bad dreams and she'll be up for it (maybe if I got some Zombie max ammo)!

I did tell them both that many believe we will have zombies, however they may not be the rising from the grave, stumbling about, arms straight out in front, eating brains, variety. They will likely be trippin on drugs, brain-fried from drug abuse, or infected with some crazy virus.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links