More "bath salts" whack-jobs

This is a discussion on More "bath salts" whack-jobs within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by joker1 When the Miami face chewing incident was reported my wife and daughter were in the other room and heard it on ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: More "bath salts" whack-jobs

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    When the Miami face chewing incident was reported my wife and daughter were in the other room and heard it on the news and were loudly WTH! I came to see what the commotion was, they rewound the news and let it play. I affixed a menacing grin and turned and said "zombies" in a non comforting voice.

I told them about about the guy literally throwing himself at the police some time later...

Then there is the guy who was mailing body parts and some cannibalistic college shenanigans.

My wife has confessed to 2 seperate zombie related dreams in the past month. The first of which I was in and was not a zombie, Kinda sounded like a Walking Dead plot (minus the conspiracy) and she doesn't watch the show. I haven't got the full story on the other dream yet. My wife does like to shoot her GLOCK 26 and the .22 lever-action rifle, but she has no desire to even fire a single round from the AR, maybe a few more bad dreams and she'll be up for it (maybe if I got some Zombie max ammo)!

I did tell them both that many believe we will have zombies, however they may not be the rising from the grave, stumbling about, arms straight out in front, eating brains, variety. They will likely be trippin on drugs, brain-fried from drug abuse, or infected with some crazy virus.
    If you watch the first attack that happened (they caught it on video from a distance) the guy was actually stumbling around zombie-like. Pretty creepy. At least us here on the forums are prepared! :)
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

2. Remove Ads

Anybody else read where "bath salts" can cause uncontrollable cravings? Maybe human flesh or even just raw meat? There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason, it's just whoever is closest.

I kind of figured these would start popping up after the first attack was reported so much. Morons all across the country probably lined up on street corners to get this crap from their dealers.

Have any of these idiots on bath salts lived long enough to see what the long term effects can be? I'm curious as to the extent of damage being done to the brain, and if it could eventually result in permanent psychosis. From what I'm seeing this stuff looks to be worse than most of the street drugs floating around out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Have any of these idiots on bath salts lived long enough to see what the long term effects can be? I'm curious as to the extent of damage being done to the brain, and if it could eventually result in permanent psychosis. From what I'm seeing this stuff looks to be worse than most of the street drugs floating around out there.
    I believe it hasn't been around long enough to know. If I'm not mistaken, it's only been around a decade at most.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Local police in my little city recently arrested a man that owned several stores selling things of this nature. He was warned more than once, seems like he ignored the warnings. There seems to be a fine line whether these products are legal in some areas. Our city has banned the sale of bath salts and synthetic 'weed' of some type.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Once they start messing with the delicate chemistry of the brain...who knows what effects will be long term.

This "bath salts" has only been around a couple of years from what I have read.

The one our ambulance service has transported was in a psychotic state and I don't know how long or if he ever came out.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I tried bath salts yesterday. I just got really relaxed and my skin has a silky smooth glow.
    Burns, Spirit51, atctimmy and 1 others like this.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I wonder how many kids have tried to snort normal bath salts thinking they would get them high after they saw it on the news...

I really hope this drug doesn't get any more popular, we don't need a zombie apocalypse yet, I need to buy more ammo first.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I stopped by Wal Mart earlier this evening to pick up some extra ammo and the place was practically deserted. That was a first for me, that place is always humming with shoppers. I sat in the parking lot for a couple minutes and decided there must be Zombies close by and headed my carcass back up on the hill where there is safety in numbers. Me and my dogs
    GeorgiaDawg likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Once they start messing with the delicate chemistry of the brain...who knows what effects will be long term.

This "bath salts" has only been around a couple of years from what I have read.

The one our ambulance service has transported was in a psychotic state and I don't know how long or if he ever came out.
    Gotchya. I'm thinking it's unlikely any of these "users" will make it too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    I wonder how many kids have tried to snort normal bath salts thinking they would get them high after they saw it on the news...

I really hope this drug doesn't get any more popular, we don't need a zombie apocalypse yet, I need to buy more ammo first.
    I was thinking the same thing. If they were stupid enough to play the choking game, they'll be stupid enough to snort bath salts.

I'm sure it will become more popular now that it has so much media attention. I'm already stocked up, though. lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links