Motor vehicle homicide by texting

This is a discussion on Motor vehicle homicide by texting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Massachusetts Teen Aaron Deveau Found Guilty in Landmark Texting While Driving Case - Yahoo! Aaron Deveau was texting while driving, swerved across the divider and ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By paaiyan

Thread: Motor vehicle homicide by texting

Massachusetts Teen Aaron Deveau Found Guilty in Landmark Texting While Driving Case - Yahoo!

Aaron Deveau was texting while driving, swerved across the divider and hit a truck, causing the eventual death of a father of three. It is, as far as I know, the first conviction of its kind. Stay off the phone while driving, folks. It's not worth it.
    Ram Rod and mano3 like this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Massachusetts Teen Aaron Deveau Found Guilty in Landmark Texting While Driving Case - Yahoo!

Aaron Deveau was texting while driving, swerved across the divider and hit a truck, causing the eventual death of a father of three. It is, as far as I know, the first conviction of its kind. Stay off the phone while driving, folks. It's not worth it.

Amen! I've seen it too many times at stoplights here. To think that it might be illegal for me to honk my horn and wake them up! Crazy isn't it?

I hope it sends a message, but folks are so addicted to their phones that they'd rather risk their life or someone elses over a call or text...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Very dangerous. Might as well be driving blindfolded.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Amen! I've seen it too many times at stoplights here. To think that it might be illegal for me to honk my horn and wake them up! Crazy isn't it?
    Saw a guy here doing it at a stoplight. The cars in front of him went and he stayed put. He got honked at and started to go, still texting. Got going pretty good in the left lane, maybe 30, and popped the curb of the center median, sending the left side of the car up in the air and the center crashed down on the curb. He came off it and then hit it again. Still texting. A couple hundred yards later he cut off what looked to be a pretty expensive BMW in an attempt to pull over in a neighborhood due to his car making funny noises. Not sure what it was, but his first encounter with the curb ended with him losing a piece of his undercarriage. Idiot.

I can't not admit that I have read and/or fired off a quick message at a stoplight, but never while moving. And while at stoplights the flow of traffic takes precedence. I check the light after every word and toss the phone if it turns green.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Deveau's lawyer argued that there was no evidence the crash caused Bowley's death.
    Some things are just too stupid.... I would have convicted him just because his lawyer in an idiot

HuffPo reports the sentence is not the max of four years prison. He has been sentenced to 40 hours community service and a 15-year driver's license suspension.

Aaron Deveau, Massachusetts Teen, Guilty In Texting-While-Driving Death Of Donald Bowley Jr.
    My blog

A young lady was just recently killed in a similar vehicular homicide in Columbus GA.

Charges Pending in fatal "accident."

Links