Favorite Shooter Video Games?

This is a discussion on Favorite Shooter Video Games? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; BF3 (CQB) on PC...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Favorite Shooter Video Games?

  1. #31
    Distinguished Member
    Array whoppo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern Maine
    Posts
    1,240
    BF3 (CQB) on PC
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    Member Array jon_volk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W.Haven CT
    Posts
    39
    Multiplayer Goldeneye on wii is pretty good.

  4. #33
    Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,153
    Doom 3 was pretty fun. I liked the "scary" atmosphere. I'd like to see more FPS games like that. I think F.E.A.R. was supposed to have that feel but I haven't played it.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

    “The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

  5. #34
    Ex Member Array PIMking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    226
    I stopped playing MW3 when they turned HC into ricochet HC. So instead of the trolls killing you on purpose they just stand in front of you while you shoot because you die. I haven't played it since.

    I've been playing BF3 but that game has become MW3 light. The buying of servers really screwed the game up and all the stupid crap dice did made me stop playing it for about a month now.

  6. #35
    Senior Member Array kerberos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    744
    Quote Originally Posted by jblitz View Post
    Hate to show my age here but... Wolfenstein 3D was my first favorite followed by Duke Nukem. More current would be the Call of Duty games.
    "Come get some!!!" (http://www.wavsource.com/video_games/duke_nukem.htm)

    Played the heck out of some Duke Nukem... good times.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

  7. #36
    Member Array Maverick7340's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    199
    For those that don't want to pay for a system and games you can always download Combat arms. It's not perfect but I've been playing it for a few years and it's free.
    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

    John Wayne

  8. #37
    Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,549
    Far Cry,Crysis,Half Life, Deus Ex,Doom,Quake,F.E.AR.,.........etc

  9. #38
    Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,211
    I only play them on an arcade and yes, they use plastic guns to replicate shooting. My favorites are Police 911 (most favorite since you gotta duck and shoot), Lethal Enforcers, Time Crisis, and Maximum Force. There are plenty more but forgot them.

  10. #39
    Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Posts
    1,266
    The Fallout series (I love using iron sights to pick people off further away than the game will target them), the Army of Two games are pretty fun (my friend runs in yelling madly spraying lead- I sit back and snipe the ones killing him) AA12 and 'Bubbles'- my Barrett (Bubbles was named while playing and drinking...), I have Battlefield 2: Bad Company- first thing I do when I find an 'ammo crate' is grab a Barrett, Doom3 was pretty awesome. Especially when I could get a friend of mine to link our XBoxes together- he screamed like a little girl and ran while I shot things. The Gears of War games are ok- they're not my favorite, but not terrible in multi-player.

    Or course, all this started with Duck Hunt (and shooting that blasted dog for laughing), then on to 'Goldeneye' on the N64...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

    "Gun control means hitting your target every time."

    Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

  11. #40
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Doom 3 was pretty fun. I liked the "scary" atmosphere. I'd like to see more FPS games like that. I think F.E.A.R. was supposed to have that feel but I haven't played it.
    I played a bit of F.E.A.R., and it was crazy scary. It was like playing a horror movie....


    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    The Fallout series (I love using iron sights to pick people off further away than the game will target them), the Army of Two games are pretty fun (my friend runs in yelling madly spraying lead- I sit back and snipe the ones killing him) AA12 and 'Bubbles'- my Barrett (Bubbles was named while playing and drinking...), I have Battlefield 2: Bad Company- first thing I do when I find an 'ammo crate' is grab a Barrett, Doom3 was pretty awesome. Especially when I could get a friend of mine to link our XBoxes together- he screamed like a little girl and ran while I shot things. The Gears of War games are ok- they're not my favorite, but not terrible in multi-player.

    Or course, all this started with Duck Hunt (and shooting that blasted dog for laughing), then on to 'Goldeneye' on the N64...
    Army of Two is a third person shooter.

    I only got the tail end of the NES games, but I think everyone that played Duck Hunt shot that dog.

  12. #41
    Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Army of Two is a third person shooter.
    That makes it a bad game?

    So are the GTA games, but you didn't pick on the person that mentioned those. ...I'm sensing a little bit of favoritism here...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

    "Gun control means hitting your target every time."

    Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

  13. #42
    Senior Member Array Caertaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Doom 3 was pretty fun. I liked the "scary" atmosphere.
    I was living with my Grandmother when Doom 3 came out. I moved in to keep her going after my mother died suddenly. Quite frequently after eating dinner she would disappear and I'd find out she'd gone to bed...at 6:30 PM! One day I was sitting at the kitchen table playing Doom 3. With nothing much else to do I kept playing away. Darkness descended and I hadn't bothered to turn on the lights. Suddenly, out of the darkness a boney hand grabbed my shoulder and a voice hissed: "I thought of something." I jumped out of the chair in absolute terror screaming. Lol. Apparently she had wakened, thought of something and came to find me. She always seemed curious about what I was doing on my laptop but would never accept an explanation. I guess she crept close to see what was on the screen and with my absorption in the game I failed to notice. I guess I was lucky she wasn't a BG.

  14. #43
    Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by STLRampage View Post
    The game has a built in (slight) aim assist to help new players.

    Next time you play hard scope a corner with a sniper or AR scope and you'll notice when someone walks into your sights they'll move onto him.



    You mean like this?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

  15. #44
    Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I was living with my Grandmother when Doom 3 came out. I moved in to keep her going after my mother died suddenly. Quite frequently after eating dinner she would disappear and I'd find out she'd gone to bed...at 6:30 PM! One day I was sitting at the kitchen table playing Doom 3. With nothing much else to do I kept playing away. Darkness descended and I hadn't bothered to turn on the lights. Suddenly, out of the darkness a boney hand grabbed my shoulder and a voice hissed: "I thought of something." I jumped out of the chair in absolute terror screaming. Lol. Apparently she had wakened, thought of something and came to find me. She always seemed curious about what I was doing on my laptop but would never accept an explanation. I guess she crept close to see what was on the screen and with my absorption in the game I failed to notice. I guess I was lucky she wasn't a BG.
    Sheesh, that'd scare me half to death.

    I used to have a lot of fun playing Safari Hunt (SEGA's answer to Duck Hunt) back in the day.
    412565-marksman-shooting-trap-shooting-safari-hunt-sega-master-system.gif
    0.jpg
    Plus the laser was pretty cool.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

    “The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

  16. #45
    Senior Member Array Spidey2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    That makes it a bad game?

    So are the GTA games, but you didn't pick on the person that mentioned those. ...I'm sensing a little bit of favoritism here...
    No picking intended, hence the blue dude with the tongue. lol. Army of Two is actually a great game, MUCH better than GTA, IMO. I REALLY liked The 40th Day, and I wish they'd come out with another Army of Two game. I played that one over and over trying all the different options.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

favorite shooters

,

humored shooter games

,

shooter games for playstation 3 in may

Click on a term to search for related topics.