Favorite Shooter Video Games?

This is a discussion on Favorite Shooter Video Games? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; First-Person Shooters (FPS) are quite popular, especially with the successes of the Halo and Call of Duty franchises, and going back to the older Goldeneye ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Favorite Shooter Video Games?

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar

Favorite Shooter Video Games?

First-Person Shooters (FPS) are quite popular, especially with the successes of the Halo and Call of Duty franchises, and going back to the older Goldeneye game for the N64.

I was pretty much addicted to Goldeneye when it came out, but I moved onto Counter-Strike (a mod for Half-Life), and the Call of Duty games. I wanted to try some Sniper game for the Xbox 360 but I haven't gotten around to it. I prefer to play the sniper characters, sitting back and waiting for my prey or circling around and catching people off guard.

What are some of your favorite FPS games and what types of weapon systems do you prefer to use in-game?
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Modern Warfare 3 ACR with the Striker. Striker is my favorite gun.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Unreal Tournament, The call of duty series, F.E.A.R. Pretty much anything shooter, Im into....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I still just have a Playstation 2 and haven't unpacked it since we moved. But I have been "Jonesing" to play again. I really like the G.T.A. series. I have several of the Desert Storm series. I like the Red Dead series. I like the Hit Man series. I really like first person shooters.

I just can't justify to myself getting either a X Box or Playstation 3....but I am weakening on that. Once they came out with Playstation 3, they stopped making good games for the Playstation 2....the S.O.B.s.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

MW3. I've been wondering how the snipers shoot so accurately without aiming. Anybody know the answer?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    Anybody know the answer?
    Yup. Its a video game.
    "Just blame Sixto"

MW3. I've been wondering how the snipers shoot so accurately without aiming. Anybody know the answer?
    The game has a built in (slight) aim assist to help new players.

Next time you play hard scope a corner with a sniper or AR scope and you'll notice when someone walks into your sights they'll move onto him.

Quick-scoping.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    My son does it, its called quick scoping!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

MW3 is what I play the most, but I really enjoyed Medal of Honor. I just hope the next one gets a bigger following.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Golden Eye truly did revolutionize FPS games. Just as Halo did for online muli-player FPS games. Halo was what I started on in that arena, and I think is still my favorite. Although I will admit I have not tried as many as I would like, being that my wife doesn't really like to play and my daughter sucks up most of my freetime.
    Walk softly ...

I'm currently battling a Call Of Duty Black Ops (PS3) Team Deathmatch addiction...and losing.

I use the MP5 and M-16 until I get the Famas unlocked. I'm a frag grenade spammer (didn't know that was a "thing" did you). I also tote the Strella 3, go ahead send your attack helicopters and spy planes, I'm anti (anti-aircraft).

The crossbow is pretty fun also.
    ericb327 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I'm still in pinball machine days!

I'm a 'Duck Hunt' kinda guy......... I always end up shooting the dog for laughing at me so much.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

"Sniper - Ghost Warrior" on XBOX 360, fun game.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links