Paintball legality questions

This is a discussion on Paintball legality questions within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Does anyone know anything about the legalities of transporting a paintball gun in PA and also in Maryland? I'm going to play paintball in Taneytown, ...

Thread: Paintball legality questions

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Does anyone know anything about the legalities of transporting a paintball gun in PA and also in Maryland? I'm going to play paintball in Taneytown, MD tomorrow and I never really gave paintball gun transport a thought since it is not a firearm in the traditional sense. I just don't want to get into a sticky situation lest there be a law regarding legal transport in either state. I figured it'd be a safe bet if I left the CO2 tank off, took the barrel off and secured it in my cargo hold in my paintball case. I've traveled with it in PA many times, and this is usually how I transport, I just never gave it much thought until I figured I might as well look since I am going to Maryland, and we all know how they are with anything that shoots

VIP Member
    As long as you don't menace ayone with it there are no laws.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Administrator
    I think in Maryland you cannot openly carry a paintball gun out on public property.
    You cannot transport them in the passenger area of a vehicle - and if you are shooting on private property you cannot discharge a paintball/marker gun if the paint balls can end up on public property.

That is just a grapevine answer and you should place a quick call to the Maryland State Police to get a definitive answer on that.

There is no preemption concerning paintball, bb, and airsoft guns in PA. DO NOT go through Philly with it. There is a thread in another forum where someone was arrested on felony charges for having an airsoft gun concealed in their car in Philly. I would transport it in a locked case, unloaded, and possibly broken down (barrel out at least), similar to federal firearms transportation laws.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    Wow, our country is getting crazy. I went all over the US playing paintball a while back and I never had any problems. I guess times change.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Sponsored Links