I was up close and personal with a "flesh eating Zombie" last night. For real. - Page 2

I was up close and personal with a "flesh eating Zombie" last night. For real.

This is a discussion on I was up close and personal with a "flesh eating Zombie" last night. For real. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Be aware. Be careful. Do what's needed to go home safe each night....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: I was up close and personal with a "flesh eating Zombie" last night. For real.

Be aware. Be careful. Do what's needed to go home safe each night.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    I'm thinking one of these.....

ASP Leverloc Baton..ASP Leverloc Baton

Would get someone like that all laid out like a block of ice rather quickly.

Be careful, watch your sixes everyone, especially LEO and all of you meat wagon professionals.
    Daughter took one down to a mental facility. He was a SIX POINT leather strap down....head....chest....both arms....both legs and she said just the looks the guy gave were "unnerving". He wasn't untied from the stretcher until they got to their location and had many bodies to do the job. He was immediately retied from the stretcher to the bed.

In my time on we had the crazy PCP nuts.....this seems much worse. Any time you mess with the chemical level of the brain and its neurotransmitters....it is a crap shoot how they will act and how long it will last....sometimes with negative effects that can last a lifetime.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    I'm thinking one of these.....

ASP Leverloc Baton..ASP Leverloc Baton

Would get someone like that all laid out like a block of ice rather quickly.
    I'm thinking you would get tired of swinging it before they got tired of getting hit with it. Impact weapons only work on pain compliance, these people feel no pain and are not compliant.
    Massive amounts of sedation, restraint, rehydration, and medical monitoring is the solution... Other than not taking the crap in the first place.

Sent from this... Using that...

Quote Originally Posted by NCMedic8617 View Post
    I'm thinking you would get tired of swinging it before they got tired of getting hit with it. Impact weapons only work on pain compliance, these people feel no pain and are not compliant.
    Massive amounts of sedation, restraint, rehydration, and medical monitoring is the solution... Other than not taking the crap in the first place.

Sent from this... Using that...
    No matter what you do to correct the immediate problem...there is always the risk of polluting the delicate chemical "bath" that makes the brain work properly. This happens as a natural occurrence in some people. That is why legal drugs are used in the treatment of many of the mental problems we see. When one takes some substance that makes the brain go "haywire" it is still a crap shoot as to what lasting damage is done.

Just adding to your thought.
    Last edited by Spirit51; June 11th, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Carry some extra Tupperware with you.

That way if things go bad you can save some face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ^ this. Hahaha

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattus Vir View Post
    I think y'all sent said guy to my place of employment for treatment. That are we had one all our own that was suspected of the same thing.
    Only if you work in the land of Planters Peanuts.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Carry some extra Tupperware with you.

That way if things go bad you can save some face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see what you did there
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Last Sunday after arriving at my apartment from a 6 mile run around the boulevard, I noticed someone that didn't belong there hanging out in the lobby of my apartment. He smelled bad too and I asked him if he needs help. He left feeling sort of uneasy for some reason. Maybe it was my MMA gear or something like that. At first I thought he was waiting on someone but I heard later from neighbors that he was some homeless guy/junkie hanging out at the apartment lobbies for some shelter and was also rumored to also sleep in apartment units unlocked. I then called the leasing office to have our armed security watch out for this individual and gave them my exact description. BTW, I was also armed with my S&W Model 457 .45 ACP subcompact pistol at that time. And I was carrying it in a black colored fannypack holster too while in my "Tapout" workout gear. Ever since that encounter last Sunday, there has been no observance of him.He might have moved to other places. But you never know. I have informed the other neighbors about him and we are all keeping watch. Reflecting back on this, I am certainly glad I carry my gun everytime I leave my apartment even if I take out trash, go to my car, or go to my mailbox.

Yeah, it was the Tapout clothing for sure. If I could buy a T shirt that says "I quit" and the local Walmart, everyone would know I'm a tough guy too.
    l1a1 likes this.

Ok. Educate me. What is "Tap Out" clothing? I really wish to know so I am not .
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Its just a fancy logo endorsed line of clothing,I think you are supposed be be tougher by wearing it.
    Also a slick way to get rubes pay to advertise for a product.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Somehow I failed to make the Zombie connection to a smelly homeless guy in an apartment lobby
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Somehow I failed to make the Zombie connection to a smelly homeless guy in an apartment lobby
    You too?
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    From daughter's training, to Tap Out is to tap your opponents body with your hand while saying "TAP". It indicates that you are surrendering as they have been successful in getting you in a grip/joint lock/choke from which you can not escape. A good training partner, upon hearing the words or feeling the taps (hopefully both), will immediately release the hold and you start over.

The phase TapOut has been taken and used as a logo for a wide variety of clothing usually in the MMA and Martial Arts communities.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

At my age I wear the traditional Crap-Out line of depends,you get me in a grip/joint lock/choke from which I can't escape the smell warns the individual that I just Crapped-out
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links