Woman falsely claims $2.1 Million tax refund and goes on spending spree.

This is a discussion on Woman falsely claims $2.1 Million tax refund and goes on spending spree. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The oddest thing about this story is not that she almost got away with it. It's that she bought a friggin 13 year old minivan!!!! ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By barstoolguru

Thread: Woman falsely claims $2.1 Million tax refund and goes on spending spree.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar

The oddest thing about this story is not that she almost got away with it. It's that she bought a friggin 13 year old minivan!!!! I mean if you're going to hock the gov't for $2.1 million, then do it in style at least.

Woman goes on $2.1m spending spree with tax return given to her in error... and may have to hand it back | Mail Online

Oh Wow! How easy it must be to scam the system. She should have made it $21 Million instead, drained the card, and bought flight tickets to France. I wonder though, if she had not lost her card, how long would it have taken for this to be discovered?
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

^^ THIS! ^^ :facepalm:
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    How many of these AREN'T caught?

And she lost the CC, what a moron. With all that money I would have went to Vegas and got some cash withdrawals

drained the card, and bought flight tickets to France.
    NO; you go to a country that has no extradition agreement with the US
    goldshellback likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    And she lost the CC, what a moron. With all that money I would have went to Vegas and got some cash withdrawals

NO; you go to a country that has no extradition agreement with the US
    +1

If I had that card, the card would be double strapped to my thigh!
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    smart enough to run a foolie

too stupid to handle its sucess

----> still wonder whats wrong with this country?
    her lawyer ( our money) will argue that she should not be punished cause she is too stupid to know when to run away.

rather it is another example of how our schools are failing the kids.
    escape after the fact should be an 8th grade class.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

The minivan was the smartest purchase she made. Wouldn't it look a tad suspicious if she bought a Lamborghini or a Ferrari? The reason almost every criminal gets caught is their inability to fly below the radar.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    The minivan was the smartest purchase she made. Wouldn't it look a tad suspicious if she bought a Lamborghini or a Ferrari? The reason almost every criminal gets caught is their inability to fly below the radar.
    Yeah I thought the same thing too at first. But then I thought she had to think she was going to get caught at some point. So if you are going to get thrown in the pokey for a few years, then why not just live like a king while you can.

I am almost to the point in life to say go her. Hope she gets off. Idiots that work in government, should be their fault. Even with multiple gov't employees looking at her return, they still could not deduce that it was wrong. They should get fired and have to pay back the money she spent. Instead of getting a card in the mail with $2.1 Million in the first place, she should have gotten a knock at the door and seen badges. Then again, one of us got it. Could have went to a car maker bailout, a wall street banker, or to a foreign cause.

And for the record, I would have gotten the biggest baddest (black) Mercedes on the floor and swiped the card faster than a crack hoe swipes her food stamp card on the 1st.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Glock 33

She will get easy time in a federal prison... maybe two years. It is a nonviolent crime so she will get out early for good behavior

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    She will get easy time in a federal prison... maybe two years. It is a nonviolent crime so she will get out early for good behavior
    I have to give her an A for Creativity. Give an F to the incompetence of gov't workers.

If she would have been a tad smarter, she would not have lost that card and the first thing to buy would be a $250K retainer to the best defense attorney in the area in case something "happens to pop up"!
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Glock 33

Sponsored Links